Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trailer hitch to an Audi A4 - easy to fit? Cheap to buy?

Options
  • 27-06-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Any tips?

Is it an easy enough job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

worded wrote: »
    Any tips?

Is it an easy enough job?

Tow Bars for VAG vehicles are generally a bit more expensive than normal as you have to get a seperate wiring harness.

As for fitting, not something I'd attempt. Usually takes pro's about 2 hours when they do them on site for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

R.O.R wrote: »
    Tow Bars for VAG vehicles are generally a bit more expensive than normal as you have to get a seperate wiring harness.

As for fitting, not something I'd attempt. Usually takes pro's about 2 hours when they do them on site for me.

Who "they"? Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I fitted a towbar to my own golf. I found it in a scrappie for nothing. It was easy enough to fit, it swaps in for the rear impact bar and bolts into the rear chassis legs. I found instructions for the fitting on the net and figured out the wiring for the lights from a Haynes manual. Took me half a day. The only dodgy bit was cutting the rear bumper for the hitch but it wasn't difficult. All in all it was a simple enough job.

Oh and I did'nt use a special wiring harness, just a spurious power socket from a trailer supplier for 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

worded wrote: »
    Who "they"? Dublin area?

I use Towing Equipment - 01 456 6780. Top Quality Brinks Tow Bars, but the price matches the quality.

If you aren't towing a Caravan or Horse Box try Tow-Fit http://www.miw.ie/Tow-Fit/Fitting_Service/Navigation.html

They make their own Tow Bars so are much cheaper than the rest. All fitters will require a covered area as it will probably be raining if they come out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

R.O.R wrote: »
    I use Towing Equipment - 01 456 6780. Top Quality Brinks Tow Bars, but the price matches the quality.

> located western ind estate > u bring to them - 360 + vat = 435.60

If you aren't towing a Caravan or Horse Box try Tow-Fit http://www.miw.ie/Tow-Fit/Fitting_Service/Navigation.html

> quoted 493-00 - they call to you.

They make their own Tow Bars so are much cheaper than the rest. All fitters will require a covered area as it will probably be raining if they come out to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement