Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female singer/songwriter seeks muscians for original band

• 27-06-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi everyone. I'm looking for musicians, male or female, aged approx. 18-25 to start a band. I want to play original songs so a willingness to write with me or add things to songs I've written is required.

I'm not bothered about experience but passion is important. My influences include Elliot Smith, The Distillers, Hole, Nirvana, My Ruin, Gemma Hayes, and many, many others. The wider range of music you listen to the better because I like just about everything.

I am living in Dundalk right now but am willing to travel to Dublin and will be moving there soon for college anyway. I would be willing to join an established band. Please get in touch if you're interested. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sunny83

Hi!

I am Sunny (24 y.). I'm Singer/Songwriter as well from Dublin and I'm searching for an originals band, too. I would be glad to find a songwriting partner and I'm open to different styles of music as well.

I have uploaded own Songs on my myspace page. Please check: www.myspace.com/withinsunny and tell me what you think.
    I also play a bit rhythmn guitar and piano.

Playing in a band is serious for me. I had a lot tries to unreliable musicians which was really frustrating. So I'm hoping to find serious band soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Conor Brennan

Hi GrrrlRiot,

My name is Conor and last year I formed an instrumental & experimental band which is made up of a number of versatile & experienced musicians. I'm now looking for a female vocalist to complete the line up.

The project already consists of drums/percussion, guitars, bass, clarinet, keyboards & some vocals. We're looking to incorporate a female vocalist into a handful of the tunes. We have a number of original pieces written already & just started recording our debut e.p. and will be playing our first gig this month.

The project is all about playing for pleasure - no stress, no pressure, no nonsense, just enjoying playing and making music. We currently jam in the city centre every few weeks. Let me know if your interested & if so have you any demos / myspace links that I could hear your vocals??

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thejigsaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Conor Brennan and thejigsaw please note that the thread was started in June 2008 so chances are the OP found what they were looking for :).

In any case, please don't bump old threads unnecessarily.

Advertisement