Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

a4 - Spray one door metallic and burn in the two panels - a good price?

Options
  • 27-06-2008 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

I need a quality job.

Full door (second hand) supplied, no dents, all cables intact.

Whats a good price approx?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

€700, maybe a bit more- I think they'll consider it to be painting 3 panels

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

"Burn in" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

"Burn in" :confused:

Ive heard that "burn in" term. Fade in if you like.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Blend in maybe? No big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭boomboombazza

300 should do it no problem. i just had a load of work done so judging by how much i paid 300 would be plenty

lolz at the 'burn in':D

• Advertisement

Being quoted 4 - 600.

The quality of work will vary. The 600 guy is highly recomended.

A lot of $, more than I expected really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭boomboombazza

worded wrote: »
    Being quoted 4 - 600.

The quality of work will vary. The 600 guy is highly recomended.

A lot of $, more than I expected really.

no ****in way!! do not pay that. my guy (in galway) does all the work for BMW in galwa. top class place and i know for a fact 300 would cover it in there

no ****in way!! do not pay that. my guy (in galway) does all the work for BMW in galwa. top class place and i know for a fact 300 would cover it in there

I could take the lass, and the door on hols to the west and the difference would cover it!

Know anyone in Dublin who is really good? Cash dont need receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Blow in is the term.

I paid over e900 3 years ago for something similar. Although there are a few plate glass cowboys out there that charge fortunes for crap work, generally you get what you pay for. Crash repairs/repaints in this country can be very hit and miss, so it is prudent to go on the recommendation of someone fussy, who knows what they are talking about.

The lighter the colour the harder to match and what might look perfect in dull weather can look anything but when the sun comes out.

I think I have heard before about CCR ? Tallaght as been among the better options.

Advertisement