Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling cubed, salthill.

Options
  • 27-06-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been to these hurling cubed matches down the prom? I'm signed up for saturday but haven't a clue what to expect. If the other teams full of hurlers we're ****ed. One lad on our team put his back out and I crippled myself trying to lift weights to get in shape. Our team is very unfit. I wonder is that the norm?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

More info here. Seems to be all kinds of levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

you tube video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG3rEc69ibE

"ah now no i woulnt be playing that, its a big lesbian sport isnt it" (watch the last 30 seconds if you want to know what this means)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

I saw a bit of it being played yesterday, its very scrappy & the bit I saw wasn't as skillful as the guiness propaganda video. Still looks fun though. Section 8 ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mod--salthill

was at cubed . could anyone tell me the name of the dj who was playing there ... or if you were there tell me the name of a few of the songs he played !!! thnks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I went there on staurday and there was nothing there. The directions on the website said it was on the prom??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

It was up in Salthill park beside Leisureland - the website was terrible for directions

Played it Friday night and im still recovering - its tough going but great craic :D

There were 12 teams out on Friday and we were all invited back to play on Saturday, so im assuming they didnt have huge no. of teams. Didnt go back out, physically not possible :o but would definetly play again in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Anyone see the fkn state of the park after this hurling bollocks? It's absolutely destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭JOM34

It's a feckin disgrace. Tyre tracks, pitch dug up, screws (!) left all over the shop. The least they could have done is left the place safe for use after the event. Couldn't even do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope someone (maybe me) picks up on this & writes a letter of complaint to whoever is responsible or even the local papers.

Advertisement