Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony nvu83 opinions please

Options
  • 27-06-2008 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all, first time on here, i like the look of the sony but would like other users opinions on it pros cons. the uses here in ireland, spain, portugal and canaries. thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Sony is definitely quitting the personal navigation device market in Europe. This activity has shown too little profit to justify its continuance. In America and Asia the company is currently still waiting to see which way the cat will jump.

Sony’s efforts in conquering the PND market have never been very successful. Their first devices were too large and didn’t really appeal to the consumer. Even when they fixed that and started shipping thinner version of their PND’s, it turned out they were not a big hit. A couple of months ago we reviewed the NV-U93T. We then concluded that this unit could have become a winner if Sony ironed out a few ‘wrinkles’ in its feature set. As it turns out now, this will never hen.
    Updates?
    For the first series of Sony PND’s, the NV-U50 and NV-U70T, map updates and TMC support are planned until 2010. The TMC support for more recent devices like the NV-U51, NV-U52, U53-NV, NV-U71T, NV-U72T, NV-U73, NV-U82, U83-NV, NV-U92T and NV-U93 will also cease at about that time, but map updates and safety camera updates will continue for another year for those models.

Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

ok, sony is a bad prospect thanks for that info, so whats a good buy for €400?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I would go for the TomTom GO 920 or save over €100 and get the TomTom GO 720

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

sharkman wrote: »
    I would go for the TomTom GO 920 or save over €100 and get the TomTom GO 720
    Thanks sharkman, I got the 720. it was excellent in europe over last 2 months.

Advertisement