Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm tools search

• 27-06-2008 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all, Im trying to find a decent long handled slash hook /bill hook for laying a hedge this autumn, all i can find are sh*t yokes ,brutal quality, anyone know where i can get a pierce or similiar brandwith decent steel in it, or even better dose anyone have and old pierce with a broken handle. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭vcsggl

There's a couple of places in the UK that have a good range of these sorts of tools - www.btcv.org.uk and www.woodsmithstore.co.uk

I have a yorkshire style long handled billhook that I got from btcv and it was a great tool for hedge laying - did some serious work with it last autumn and will be starting again late this year. I've got about 20 acres of land where the hedges haven't been touched for about 30 years - so I need some good strong tools!

George

Advertisement