Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McFly Give Away Album for Free

Options
  • 27-06-2008 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

<H4>Pop band McFly have announced that they have struck a deal with a Sunday tabloid to give their new album away for free.

The quartet's fourth album 'Radio:ACTIVE' will be offered free with The Mail On Sunday on July 20th. A 'deluxe edition' of the album will also be released for retail purchase in September, and will feature bonus tracks and exclusive artwork.

Band member Tom Fletcher told the BBC: "We get to put it into almost three million homes, which is an incredible opportunity for us. Hopefully the three million people will all enjoy the music and they'll decide to see us when we go on tour."

It's the second time that The Mail On Sunday has teamed up with a musical act: Prince's last album 'Planet Earth' was given away with the paper last year.

</H4>
    Any Mcfly fans can now get a free cd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Savage, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I hate those little pricks... and I rejoice at how they've clearly hit rock bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It worked for Prince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Free? You'd have to pay ME to take the album off their hands and I still wouldnt take it. Forgot to add this band to the BAnds I Hate thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hahaha after there cover of the boys are back in town.... they oughta pay me not to Kill them but jasus.... there muck.... id rather listen to bran cowen... Now thats sayng somethng.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Tbf, I don't think they are marketed at the audience of this board. God, some of the over-reaction to harmless pop tunes on this section of boards is hilarious. They do what they do well, if I could write a song like "It's all about you" I'd be glad to put my name to it and pick up he cheques.

What's interesting is that the concept of an album for an album's sake is clearly in trouble in the mainstream. An album is now a method to promote a tour, not a separate artistic work which subsequently was toured. In that sense, McFly's promotion of a free album makes perfect commercial sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Dudess wrote: »
    I hate those little pricks... and I rejoice at how they've clearly hit rock bottom.

Heh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

JP Liz wrote: »
    McFly are forced to Give Away Album for Free

Corrected for accuracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A band I love second only to Zeppelin! :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Free? You'd have to pay ME to take the album off their hands and I still wouldnt take it.

You,me and probably everyone else except 12-14 year old girls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I'd take €100 from them for the cd and use it as a shaving mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It worked for Prince.

==>Is that why he cancelled croker?

Advertisement