Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE P-08 Blowback Problem

Options
  • 27-06-2008 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

:confused: My two month old WE P08 Luger has stopped working semi-automatically. I have to manually cock it for each shot. It worked fine originally. I have tried green gas, propane gas, oiled and siliconed everything, broke the gun down and inspected all parts, cleaned everything and got a replacement magazine and nothing works. It still will not fire two shots in a row without having to cock it manually.

It looks like the "knee joint" on the slide is not going back far enough or high enough to load a new BB. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? If you recommend new parts or springs please indicate where I can get them. Thanks. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Dunno if this link is gonna be of any use at all, but go about half way down the page and see if its any use.

Hope you get sorted soon.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=27ecb94dd43fdf217074c41c41702b8e&topic=53088.msg566157#msg566157

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 snofyter

Yea I did follow that posting for taking the gun apart but could not see the cause of the problem I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Are you filling the mags upside down?

Its important they are upside down to cycle the action completely.

Bar that maybe its a seal blown in the blowback chamber.

I know a good bit about these guns but what you are describing makes no sense. What do you mean by manually cock, if the gun was not cocked after cycling it would fire continuously.

What you describe sounds like low gas pressure.

Yes I am filling the mags upside down and making sure that the gas & mag are straight up and down.

By manually cock I mean pulling back the action by grasping the milled drums at the top rear of the luger to load a new BB and to be able to pull the trigger. Otherwise what's happening now is nothing when I pull the trigger after the first shot.

I also got a brand new mag and tried it.

How can I tell if the cylinder seal is blown?

Basically a gbb works by firing the bb forward and expanding gas in the cylinder against a piston to press the action backwards.

If you open up the gun entirely the seal in this cylinder could be damaged so that while a bb is fired, there is not enough pressure to cycle the action.

To be honest I can't imagine this would be common, I'll have a look at my luger tomorrow and see if I can figure out how this could happen.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help. Any pictures would be wonderful. Also if you know where I can get replacement parts if necessary would be helpful.:)

snofyter wrote: »
    Thanks for your help. Any pictures would be wonderful. Also if you know where I can get replacement parts if necessary would be helpful.:)

No pics, as no camera, but I'll describe it if I can.

And parts, I haven't a clue yet, I'm looking into it for another WE luger issue.

Ok I had a look at this, it can't be a sear or trigger arm problem the way you describe the issue.

Id like you to try this, take off the upper portion of the gun, look inside the upper.
    The metal cylinder, has a plastic wedge in front of it, the wedge has a rounded hole that allows gas in.

Manually push the wedge away from the metal cylinder, this is how the gun should operate when fired, when pushed far enough you should see the piston head and its rubber seal.

Lubricate with silicon oil in the piston.
    And also check the metal piston head hasn't detached from the plastic piston.

Thats all I can think of for now.

I did what you suggest and it worked beautifully, then on the second mag it went back to the same problem. I will try it again several times as needed and see if it helps.

Sounds like a burr or some slight deformation in the cylinder then, or the seal itself is deformed.

Now you found the source of the problem, maybe you can disassemble the cylinder and piston and see if you can get it working perfectly.

The o-ring may need replacing, you can take it to a hardware store and get some rings of similar size.
    Or if its the cylinder poorly cast, you could look inside for any faults and file them down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Also try any dive shop for O-rings as they normally keep a fairly decent selection of them.

Advertisement