Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban legend or truth in flying for free/cheap

Options
  • 27-06-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

I've seen and heard lots about this.
    The idea is that you get a cheap/free one way flight somewhere if you carry and deliver a package.
    Does this actually happen?
    Anyone got any info for curiousitys sake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I was wondering this too. Like in the movie Eurotrip where the two lads carried packages from the US to London and got flights for near nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I'll pay for your flight if you bring a package to me from a friend in thailand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I have a package of plain flour coming in from Colombia via Bogota,pm me for a cheap ticket to bring it to Dublin:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    I've seen and heard lots about this.
    The idea is that you get a cheap/free one way flight somewhere if you carry and deliver a package.
    Does this actually happen?
    Anyone got any info for curiousitys sake?

A guy i know went to America to pick up some Software for the business he works in and then came back the next day, paid for by his company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It used to be a big thing with flights to and from OZ, My cousin used it a few times, only hassle is that you are very limited in personal baggage depending on what you are bringing and also the risk eliment, I.E Packet of Odlums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It used to be a big thing with flights to and from OZ

That's true, DHL used to do it all the time. Not any more unfortunately. When working for DHL I was asked (well, I begged a bit) to courier a package to Munich at short notice. €500 spending money, €800 return ticket and a day off and best of all, London-Munich BA first class. Ahhh! That was the life. Until I arrived. Air Finglas never put the package on the Dublin-London plane, and the recipients were well pissed. Not my problem though. I shipped myself off to the Best Western (the only one they could find, my boss apologised later) and emptied the minibar. Great fun, and to cap it all off I met my girlfriend while working there. Great company.

Advertisement