Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wooden or metal garden sheds

• 27-06-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

hi all!
    was looking at woolworths.co.uk (thinking of heading to the north)for garden sheds only to find out that they are just for mainland uk only(really cheap btw)
    anywhere else for these?
    thanks
    john

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Argos (www.argos.ie) do a reasonable range of these and they seem cheaper than most garden centres etc. They have some particular ones discounted at the moment too, like:
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001101&langId=-1&searchTerms=7053249++

Just to note they are home delivery only, and that can be pricy depending on where the nearest store is....

Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

hi all!
    was looking at woolworths.co.uk (thinking of heading to the north)for garden sheds only to find out that they are just for mainland uk only(really cheap btw)
    anywhere else for these?
    thanks
    john

If you have access to Wexford, I know a guy who makes them from his garage and sells them at the local markets. I can only reference him for bedroom furniture, but read the below report and decide if it's worth your while pursuing him further. (If you find the same level of bargain that I found, then PM me to let me know).

Hope this helps.

Entry 4
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287089

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

I used this crowd, very happy with them, got a metal shed 10*8 for 1600.

Took a month for them to deliver & install though didn't need a concrete base

http://www.clanesteelgardensheds.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

I used www.waltons.co.uk.
    Got an 8'x6' wooden shed delivered and all for €225!
    It was B-Stock and was therefore half-price, the only thing wrong with it was a bit if a crack along one of the boards, fixed it for €5 myself. They come flat pack and take a while to put together (a few hours), and you will need a 2nd pair of hands for some of the assembly. But its nothing complicated.
    Their phone service is extremely bad (on hold for 40 mins at a time), but the delivery and everything else was fine.
    Delivery to Ireland was £30, and they have a pretty good range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

http://www.waltons.co.uk/big-giveaway/sheds/waltons-premium-overlap-apex-shed-8x6

Just wonderin what the postcode is for Rep of ireland?

angryInch wrote: »
    It was B-Stock and was therefore half-price, the only thing wrong with it was a bit if a crack along one of the boards, fixed it for €5 myself. They come flat pack and take a while to put together (a few hours), and you will need a 2nd pair of hands for some of the assembly. But its nothing complicated.
    Their phone service is extremely bad (on hold for 40 mins at a time), but the delivery and everything else was fine.

thanks for the response!
    is this the one you got?
    thanks
    john

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

angryInch wrote: »

They may be cheaper than b&q, woodies & argos, but you'll find prices as good at many of the smaller manufacturers around Ireland. Moody bros. just outside Kildare town charged €1200 for 16 x 8 pressure treated shed including installation. Waltons price £949 stg flat packed! Get the golden pages and ring around your local guys first - not everyone is more expensive here!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

http://www.waltons.co.uk/big-giveaway/sheds/waltons-premium-overlap-apex-shed-8x6

Just wonderin what the postcode is for Rep of ireland?

thanks for the response!
    is this the one you got?
    thanks
    john

Yes, that's the one I got. For the post code I think I used "IRL 123" or something generic like that. The couriers here will know to ignore it when they deliver it anyway.

If, as mcaul says, you can get it around where you live for much the same price or even a little bit more expensive I'd go for the local option. Walton's customer service really is non-existent, luckily nothing went wrong for me, but if it did, you would be in for a large telephone bill and a headache from listening to 'on hold' music! I was making such a saving it was worth the risk for me, but its a factor to consider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

this is the one i got
    http://www.waltons.co.uk/garden-sheds-and-storage/metal-sheds/regent-metal-shed-titanium-finish-7x7

called them at 7pm no bother ,straight through,
    £230 delivered(287€) for a 7x7 metal shed delivered!
    sure where would you get it?
    happy so far
    thanks
    john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oreillc

Sounds good with regards to the shed however do you know of anyone to assemble and take down a rotten one for a good price??

I have priced up the ususal companies - abwood, Abbeylawn, Kelly Garden Shed and Ballyfree garden shed seem to be the best price so far for a 7 X 5, T& G wooden shed which they will take down and assemble for around 700 euro ??? does this seem expensive?

All knowledge and ideas of saving money most welcome....

Advertisement