Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL 2MB

Options
  • 27-06-2008 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Sorry if this info is on the other threads but there are too many to trawl through, does anyone know what's happening to NTL 2MB connections with all these increases, I haven't seen it mentioned?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mossieh wrote: »
    Sorry if this info is on the other threads but there are too many to trawl through, does anyone know what's happening to NTL 2MB connections with all these increases, I haven't seen it mentioned?

How do you expect to see it mentioned if you can be bothered to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

Well I scanned them and didn't see it mentioned. I also tried searching, with the same result.
    I thought someone might know off the top of their heads and be able to give me a quick answer.

Is that unreasonable?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mossieh wrote: »

I don't think there are any 2mb NTL connections.

It used to be:
    1mb, 3mb, 6mb
    then it was:
    1mb, 6mb, 12mb
    and now:
    3mb, 10mb, 20mb

How much are you paying, I advise you to call NTL and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

bk wrote: »
    I don't think there are any 2mb NTL connections.

It used to be:
    1mb, 3mb, 6mb
    then it was:
    1mb, 6mb, 12mb
    and now:
    3mb, 10mb, 20mb

How much are you paying, I advise you to call NTL and check.

Cheers, there used to be a 2mb connection and according to my modem that's what I'm still on. I'll give them a call and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

This was posted on another thread and may be of interest to you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56412171&postcount=102

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

From upc.ie:

Broadband Value Download Speed 1 Mb
    Broadband Express 6 Mb
    Broadband Ultra 12 Mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

2Mb is going up by 2.50 and staying at 2mb. Upgrade or downgrade. 2.50 more for 10m 7.50 less for 3 (new prices).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

The 2mb light package is an old package that costs 25 euros a month. I used to be on that and rang up 2 weeks ago to get an upgrade to the 6mb express package for 30 euros a month. Didn't have to sign anything.

Just call up to change it to the new express package and you should be on the new 10mb for 30 euros. Or a free upgrade to 6mb light package not available to new customers.

From upc site:
    Customers on 2Mb Light, 6Mb Express or 12Mb Ultra will automatically be upgraded to 6Mb, 10Mb and 20Mb respectively.
    http://www.upc.ie/internet/

Advertisement