Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card for a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22" monitor

Options
  • 27-06-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

I will be ordering a new PC next week(possibly a dell inspiron) and was wondering what type of graphics card would be needed for a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22" monitor which i have ordered already?

The PC will be used mainly for poker and surfing the net, not really for serious gaming.

Any help appreciated as im pretty clueless when it comes to graphics cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

If you're not gaming you won't need to upgrade your graphics.

Can you tell us what games you have or you might play?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

DanGerMus wrote: »
    If you're not gaming you won't need to upgrade your graphics.

Can you tell us what games you have or you might play?

Thanks for the quick reply,

Mainly gonna be used for online poker like i say, just thought I might need a good graphics card for a bigger monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Nope you are mainly going to be doing 2D stuff, so pretty much all on board graphics solutions should be easily able to handle it and well above those resolutions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Nope expensive gfx cards are only really for accelerating 3d graphics performance such as games or 3dCAD etc. 2d, which is what your pc is normally doing only requires the most basic card/chipset which all pcs come with as a minimum. You will have no issues doing what you've described.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

Okay thanks alot for the replies, very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

That monitor has a native reolution of 1,680 x 1,050 so you should make sure that your current graphics card can support that, otherise your display might not look the best (I'm open to correction on this)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Any video card would support that unless he bought a 22" monitor for something really ancient.....

Advertisement