Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restu-rants

Options
  • 27-06-2008 4:35pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Can we have a thread listing the restuarants who dont do any vegetarian foods and also the ones which make an effort?

Kinda restu-rants thread?

i have been out to dinner twice this week in resturants who do not catering for vegetarians at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

What did you eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

sounds like a good idea, though, i'd imagine there are zillions of posts to be made.

i shall start; i was at a wedding last weekend in donegal and the reception was in the Blue Haven in Kilcar. someone had kindly told them that i, a vegan, would be present.

Restaurant (and Hotel): The Blue Haven

starter: melon plate (or non-vegan egg mayonnaise), both on menu
    next: they made me up a plate of leaf salad (non-vegan soup with cream on menu)
    next: (lemon ice; i didn't feel like questioning the ingredients, so i sat out of this course)
    main: they made a stir-fry with rice, just for me (all dishes on the menu were meat/fish. vegetarian's were to recieve tagliatelle)
    dessert: they made up a fresh (not tinned!) fruit salad for me (on the menu were bailey's cheesecake and baked alaska)

Rating: top! both veggies and vegans are well accomodated :D i was surprised to be so well fed!

Advertisement