Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RX8

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Imperator

Ferris wrote: »
    Another thing to check is if its been crashed. S2000's have no traction control,

Although your right ferris, early s2000's didnt have traction control, they actually got it from about 2002 onwards, Brilliant car if your buying one OP. I didnt know an RX8 would cause such heat, WOW. but honda is super, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Imperator wrote: »
    Although your right ferris, early s2000's didnt have traction control, they actually got it from about 2002 onwards, Brilliant car if your buying one OP. I didnt know an RX8 would cause such heat, WOW. but honda is super, best of luck

Traction control only became a feature on the s2000 from 06 onwards as far as i know. Main differences outside cosmetic were Vehicle stability assist and an advanced abs system.

There were facelifts in 2002, 2004 and 2006. The one the op will be most interested in are the changes from 99 to 02 where they softended the suspension and fitted a heated rear glass window to replace the plastic one.

Hard tops were a £500 extra when new in the gt model but are closer to £800 to buy second hand these days so a gt might be worth looking out for too for extra security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Imperator

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Traction control only became a feature on the s2000 from 06 onwards as far as i know. quote]

MY mistake, it looks like your totally right, i for some reason thought it was 2002,

Advertisement