Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod can't be restored....stupid error 1418

Options
  • 27-06-2008 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering has anyone here come across the infamous error 1418 with their ipod? I've a 4th gen iPod only 2years old id say and its packed up on me and i can't restore it.
    If you havn't come across this error before well basically it says on the ipod screen to connect to ur computer and restore in itunes. But when you do this it comes up with 'this ipod cannot be restored due to unknown error 1418'. I've googled it and it seems thousands of people have had similar problems and it seems to be something to do with itunes 7.0 or later.

Anyway i've tried reinstalling itunes 6.0 and restoring from there with no success.
    I've also tried right-clicking on the ipod in 'my computer' and selecting 'format' and that doesn't work either.

Just wondering has anyone here had the same problem and managed to get their's working?

Cheers.

Advertisement