Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Am i legally allowed drive?

Options
  • 27-06-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi all, passed my driving test today and sent off for full licence, i got a receipt , can i now take down my l plates and drive on my own next week with all this learner drivers clampdown and new law?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I would drive.
    If the Guards stop you you can produce your full licence when you get it. Wont take too long to process the full licence, just bring the receipt around to the motor tax office and they will process it.

Oh, and take it easy on the road, just because you have a full licence dosent mean you have become Michael Schumacher.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

àfter i passed my test, the tester told me i could whip off the L plates straight away as i had a cert to verify that i had passed the test.

Drive safe.

BOOM

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sure you can!, I took down my plates as soon as I got back to the test centre car park and let out a whoop of joy :D

Just make sure you carry around the receipt and apply for your lovely pink license asap.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yes you are allowed to drive. Just keep your receipt and some photo id and ou'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 irishangel

I recently passed my test. You can drive without L-plates on your old Provisional licence provided that you have the cert from centre. If you applied for your Full licence you must keep the receipt stating that you have paid for your full licence incase you are stoppped by the Garda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    àfter i passed my test, the tester told me i could whip off the L plates straight away as i had a cert to verify that i had passed the test.

Well mine were put up just before I pulled into the centre and straight off when I walked out with the cert:D

Advertisement