Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiere Pro

• 27-06-2008 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Im having some problems with the loss of video quality after editing with premiere pro. Im currently editing two different avi files and mixing them together just as testers to figure out the problem. These are both animations. The first animation the video stays the same full screen size but during quick movement lines appear. In the second animation there are no lines but there is thick black boarder around it. I have made no setting changes between both these animations and both are of good quality.

Ive heard that for premiere pro to work properly you need alot of free disk space...like 20 or 30gbs...is this true?

Any help is appreciated...this software is driving me insane ><

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Richard O' Shea

Problem 1. This sounds like a fields problem. Establish the field of your orignal footage (lower or upper or progressive). Change the project settings to match the field of your source footage. When outputing select the same field.

Problem 2: This sounds like the second piece of footage is a differant frame size to your first piece of footage and your own project settings. Tick the box to autoscale source footage to match project settings to solve this problem.

Premiere does create alot of temp files and creates cache files for rendering. For best results try to match your totals: ie if you have 20gbs of footage, try to have at least 20gbs additional free disc space.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

They sound like all the right answers, i just cant find them. Ive checked project settings thousand times and theres no sign of an option saying "progressive".

I can see settings with frame size 720x480...but cant find the autoscale source option to tick it.

I dont know if its cause i have cs3 but if you could tell me where to find them id be so grateful.

/edit: thanx...found autoscale source option and it fixed the second video. Just need to figure out whats up with the first...could be just something in the video doesnt agree with premiere pro. Cant find the progressive option still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Vic Mackay

carbonkid wrote: »
    They sound like all the right answers, i just cant find them. Ive checked project settings thousand times and theres no sign of an option saying "progressive".

I can see settings with frame size 720x480...but cant find the autoscale source option to tick it.

I dont know if its cause i have cs3 but if you could tell me where to find them id be so grateful.

/edit: thanx...found autoscale source option and it fixed the second video. Just need to figure out whats up with the first...could be just something in the video doesnt agree with premiere pro. Cant find the progressive option still.
    Right-click on the clip and go to "Field Options" and select "Flicker Removal".

Thanx, but didnt make a difference :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Vic Mackay

Thanx, but didnt make a difference :S
    Then go to "Field Options" and select "No Fields" or "Deinterlace" - something in that option box should sort it, as that's all your 'Field' options! :)

• Advertisement

Thanx man that did it - "Deinterlace"

Cheers guys for helping me out...can finally start back on my amvs ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 conorb56

Im having some problems with the loss of video quality after editing with premiere pro. Im currently editing two different avi files and mixing them together just as testers to figure out the problem. These are both animations. The first animation the video stays the same full screen size but during quick movement lines appear. In the second animation there are no lines but there is thick black boarder around it. I have made no setting changes between both these animations and both are of good quality.

Ive heard that for premiere pro to work properly you need alot of free disk space...like 20 or 30gbs...is this true?

I have tried to store Premiere Files as some are quite large on a portable drive, but it won't fit anything above 4.7gb, can anyone recommend a portable that stores this? I have an old 60gb portable which can, but my new Iomega 250gb won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

conorb56 wrote: »
    I have tried to store Premiere Files as some are quite large on a portable drive, but it won't fit anything above 4.7gb, can anyone recommend a portable that stores this? I have an old 60gb portable which can, but my new Iomega 250gb won't.

The problem is not the drive just how it is formatted. Drives formatted at fat16 have a 2GB filesize limit. fat32 (which generally is how most external drives are shipped) it's 4GB. So if you are on a PC reformat the external (all data on them will be lost) to ntfs or on a mac HFS+

Thanks for the info - I would never have figured that out!

Now I just have to find somewhere to store all that 250gb of files!!

Just to follow up, changing the file structure to NTFS worked perfectly and now I can store large file sizes.

Point of interest though, I was able to change the file structure without a full format, therefore I did not have to wipe the disk clean.

Thanks for help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

What are going to do with it when finished? if you are puttining it onto minidv you should bo but if you are exporting it as a quicktime or avi you might have problems. Because of the diifrences in the clips you might have problems. go to setting viewer and check to make sure they are all the same eg widescreen 48 k sound.

Advertisement