Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B's

Options
  • 27-06-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hey all, does anybody know any good b&b's or guesthouses near the courthouse in Sligo?

The only one I can find is An Cruiscin Lan, and i've heard mixed reports about it, does anyone know if its an alright place to stay?

I'll be working in Sligo on tuesday in the courthouse and will need to be within walking distance as I have a lot of equipment to bring with me.

Any help would be apreciated.
    Thanks

Abrean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Any of the B&Bs on Pearse road would be your best bet, although it'd still be a fair walk, depending on the amount of equipment you've got. If you're working, I'm sure you could get your employer to spring for a taxi.

I don't know of any B&Bs that are especially good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

The Inishfree Hotel on High Street is very close. It's a sort of old fashioned town center hotel. I believe they're alot more reasonable than other, swisher hotels but might be a little more than a B&B. From the courthouse go up the street by the antique shop across from the Garda barracks. At the top of the street turn right. The Inishfree is past the Bistro Bianconi and the Friary church on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Thank you both for the help, think I'll stay in pearse street and get a taxi (doubt I can convince my employer to spring for it though:rolleyes:) as I do have quite a lot to bring with me.
    Thanks again

Abrean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Are B&Bs not roughly the same price as hotels these days? Last time I stayed in one, there was very little difference, and I'd rather pay the extra just to avoid the obligatory mad oulone shloppin up the ("what time would you like your") breakfast ("at?").

Advertisement