Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Female driver looses the plot

Options
  • 27-06-2008 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I was on the way home today, and a female in a black Golf and a male in a silver X5 passenger tried to pull me from my car.

I came down the Belgard Road towards, the N81 Blessington Road, and I was turning left towards Old Bawn. I was in the outside lane of the slip, and the Golf was in the inside. I moved in to the outside lane of the dual-carrigeway and the female moved into the inside lane, and then she pulled straight across me to the right, whilst on the mobile, I beeped and she then jammed on throwing the hands up and whatever. I said nothing more and I went to turn into the turning lane for Old Bawn, she then pulled across me again, and I didn't do anything, she stops and looks back and giving it loads again.

When the green light came on we went to merge the two lanes to the Old Bawn Road single lane, and she jammed on screaming back at me, so I beeped at her to move as we would be stuck in the middle of the road. Then she pulls in and lets me by, and then proceeds to follow me through the St. Dominics Estate, towards the shops, and then down to Millbrook Road, I felt that she was following me, so I pulled in on Millbrook Road, and when she pulled in I took off and headed for Homelawn Road, she then sped off behind me.

I decided to pull in on Homelawn Road and phone the cops, and she pulled in behind me and got out approached the car and screamed at me through the window which was opened about two inchs, she called me a "bully" and said that I tried to ram her three/four times, I told her to get the f**k and said that the cops were on the phone, she then said "I don't give a f**k who your on to" and so on, whilst still trying to open the door which was locked anyway. Still on to the Garda, a northern reg X5 pulls up, and blocks me in and two guys got out, one approached me and tried to pull the door from the car, to no avail, roaring and screaming at me. He then went to the boot to get something and then obviously after her telling him the cops were on the phone they got back in and sped off. I then went to Tallaght GS and they took all details. The garda went off and came back saying they had an address from the reg and would be in touch.

Should I expect them to get back?, and it does goes to show that there are some mad ba***rds around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Women drivers, hey!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Scary experience.

For a start they can prosecue her for mobile use. Phone records will show her call. After that who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I've even had a guy come at me with a hammer!:eek: Even though fukcer cut me up and I tooted my horn at him:confused:
    There's some serious head cases out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Oh my god she must have been a total nut job! :eek:

Hope your ok man, god knows what the two men were planning when they went to the boot.

Dunno about the Guards getting back to you, id say you'll be luck if they do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

BTW what car do you drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Scottie99 wrote: »
    I've even had a guy come at me with a hammer!:eek: Even though fukcer cut me up and I tooted my horn at him:confused:
    There's some serious head cases out there!!

I'd say if he had something in the boot, he'd probably used it, I mean like she cut me and I beeped, does'nt constitute trying to kill/harm someone, especially when they caused it.

stepbar wrote: »
    BTW what car do you drive?

No offence, but why.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

road rage does strange things to people...

I went to put a helmet through a guys window one day...lucky for both of us it just bounced of the window....

he won't cut across anyone again tho...he wet his seat..

are you sure you're giving the full story? were you driving up her arse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

That's some mad story. A good 'fúck off' to her would suffice.

ntlbell wrote: »
    road rage does strange things to people...

I went to put a helmet through a guys window one day...lucky for both of us it just bounced of the window....

he won't cut across anyone again tho...he wet his seat..

are you sure you're giving the full story? were you driving up her arse?

Come on now, I nearly ended up there when she cut me up, thats all, one thing I've learnt over the years is to pull back from crazy drivers, so no I wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

No offence, but why.

Probably because it doesn't sound like road rage to me but an attempted theft of your car.

Come on now, I nearly ended up there when she cut me up, thats all, one thing I've learnt over the years is to pull back from crazy drivers, so no I wasn't.

why did you pull over in the end?

why didn't you just go home?

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Probably because it doesn't sound like road rage to me but an attempted theft of your car.

they cut people up and follow them till they stop?

is this a new tactic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

No offence, but why.

You could have a nice car....

As most know here its only a Focus diesel, no skanger bits, and only worth late teens in value.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thats a mental story!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Where and how do the guys from the X5 fit into the picture (other than trying to get into your car) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Scary experience.

For a start they can prosecue her for mobile use. Phone records will show her call. After that who knows?

Assuming that any phone records are for the actual phone that was being used !!

why did you pull over in the end?

why didn't you just go home?

I know the area very well, and was on to the Garda, and mainly I was collecting my daughter and didn't want anyone near my GF's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

So you beep the same person twice and things got scary?

Lesson of the day, once is enough, there are loons out there as you learned today.
    Glad you came out of if unscathed.

Tbh, I shout and roar at the windscreen when mad at drivers, beeping is just asking for trouble imho.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »
    Where and how do the guys from the X5 fit into the picture (other than trying to get into your car) ?

I'm presuming she called them, I know the locals well and the area, but don't recognise the car(s). She had an Irish reg, and they had northern reg, weird.

Supercell wrote: »

Lesson of the day, once is enough, there are loons out there as you learned today.

Tbh, I shout and roar at the windscreen when mad at drivers, beeping is just asking for trouble imho.

I agree, if you have time to beep there's no need to beep..

Supercell wrote: »

Thanks for the concern, but I backed off from her, and she got my head going when I saw that a woman was trying to follow me, I found that a bit mad, I've heard of men doing that, not women.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

faceman wrote: »
    Thats a mental story!
    Aye, good read.

smrt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

they cut people up and follow them till they stop?

is this a new tactic?

You'd be surprised what methods they use.

Thanks for the concern, but I backed off from her, and she got my head going when I saw that a woman was trying to follow me, I found that a bit mad, I've heard of men doing that, not women.

I'm a bit worried as a friend of ours (she's pregnant) drives a golf followed a guy recently for 40 minutes or so to give him a bit of bollocking...i hope it wasn't her again....hormone's she blamed it on

I agree, if you have time to beep there's no need to beep..

I had time cause I came to a quick stop, as she came straight across me, thats why.

You'd be surprised what methods they use.

it seems like a bit of stupid tactic taking things out of boots of cars in homelawns which is a fairly busy area usually..be easier to pull the guy out of the first car at the traffic lights or something

why let them know your chasing them? people generally have a mobile....and will generally ring the guards as what happened

I'm a bit worried as a friend of ours (she's pregnant) drives a golf followed a guy recently for 40 minutes or so to give him a bit of bollocking...i hope it wasn't her again....hormone's she blamed it on

If she was she wasn't long gone, ie no bump, but very fiesty.

• Advertisement

I had time cause I came to a quick stop, as she came straight across me, thats why.

the point is you had time to do what you did there was no need to beep then

what are you going to get out of it?

do think it teaches them to drive better?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement