Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Female driver looses the plot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Scottie99

ntlbell wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried as a friend of ours (she's pregnant) drives a golf followed a guy recently for 40 minutes or so to give him a bit of bollocking...i hope it wasn't her again....hormone's she blamed it on

JESUS................wouldn't want to be married to that, poor man!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

the point is you had time to do what you did there was no need to beep then

what are you going to get out of it?

do think it teaches them to drive better?

Teach them to drive better, probably not, but spur of the moment thing, beeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Teach them to drive better, probably not, but spur of the moment thing, beeping.

people are beep happy in this country...

just scream blue murder in future..makes ye feel better and you dont get chased by crazy northies :D

Scottie99 wrote: »

He shakes making her toast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

the point is you had time to do what you did there was no need to beep then

what are you going to get out of it?

do think it teaches them to drive better?

A guy drifted across into my lane going round a roundabout yesterday. I beeped him and it made him realise what he was doing. He waved an appology and there was no problem. Sometimes beeping wakes people from a daydream when they are doing somethign stupid.

Op, I'd have smacked her upside the head. If she's big and ugly enough to try have a hop off you then put some manners on her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

people are beep happy in this country...

Apart from a few incidents, people here have the patience of saints.

If you want to hear beeping, try driving in Italy :D (or Munich, for that matter)

Stekelly wrote: »
    A guy drifted across into my lane going round a roundabout yesterday. I beeped him and it made him realise what he was doing. He waved an appology and there was no problem. Sometimes beeping wakes people from a daydream when they are doing somethign stupid.

the point is you were in control of that situation..

you beeps he waves, tomorrow he'll do it again, so the beeping was pointless..

I guess if you see someone asleep at a wheel or something obviously it has it's place but the majority of the time people beep for no reason other than to give you a "ticking" off

Just as well you're all funny f**kers as I'd probably be still in shock.:)

Just as well you're all funny f**kers as I'd probably be still in shock.:)

Was she good looking?

You didn't happen to take her pic?

that would of been hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

the point is you were in control of that situation..

I'm in control in as much as I can brake on a roundabout. Beep him and he cops what he's at and stops moving across me. Other scenario is I brake and theres the possibility of some other eejit behind me not paying attention and not expecting someone to brake on a roundabout and hits me. It would be his fault but it still inconveniences me to be crashed into.

• Advertisement

[quote=Stekelly;56390621I brake and theres the possibility of some other eejit behind me not paying attention and not expecting someone to brake on a roundabout and hits me. It would be his fault but it still inconveniences me to be crashed into.[/quote]

Valid point

Was she good looking?

You didn't happen to take her pic?

that would of been hilarious

I don't know if it'll harm the evidence, but she wasn't my type. She was blonde(not sure if aeroplane blonde or not), slim about 5 and a half foot, seems to be an office head, she had an id pinned to her, but turned around.

About the photo I was shi**ing myself during the ordeal, but with having two high quality cameras in the car for surveying, I missed the Kodak moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Who said she's married? :D

Sounds scary all right. Good job you were on to the police at the time. I'd say they will follow it up - at least she'll be spoken to, and will pull her horns in a bit.

My story.... Bottom of Clonliffe Rd. I was in right lane, going straight ahead to Poplar Row. Left lane must turn left. After you get to Poplar Row, you have to get in the left lane immediately if you want to continue on to East Wall Road. This guy in the left lane drives straight ahead, then comes into my (right hand) lane (it's really wide at this point). I beep, had window open, we exchanged words - I said he was in my lane etc. I then drove on, and could see in my rearview mirror that he was going mental. I stopped in traffic at the next lights, he pulled up about three car lengths behind, got out with a crowbar and started walking towards my car. As I didn't fancy being in my car while he laid into it with the crowbar, I switched off the engine, threw the keys into the passenger footwell, got out and walked back to meet him.

He was a junkie type, but pretty obviously couldn't handle the heavy crowbar well. We were about eight feet apart. I was just waiting for him to make a move, didn't adopt any stance. He was swopping the crowbar from hand to hand. His 'girlfriend' got out to calm him down, and when he put the bar behind his back to do another hand change, she took a hold of it. She talked him back to the car, and that was that. I checked his reg, but it was a rented house on Clonliffe Rd, and he didn't live there. Probably on the way to get his morning fix....

I lived in the states for a few years, and learned to be totally chilled with asshole drivers, on the basis that if you annoy them, they are liable to come after you and start shooting. The attitude stayed with me for a good while after I came back here, but had obviously worn off by the time I met Mr Crowbar! A few 'Never....a pig...' sayings apply (not referring to police, rather to assholes):

Never try to teach a pig how to sing - it wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.

Never wrestle with a pig - you get covered in mud, and the pig enjoys it.

There are loads more of these!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I was shi**ing myself

You should have drove her off the road and show her exactly who is boss :D

Nah
    Seriously though
    I would have rang the Garda and kept driving round so as they could nab her and the X5 gangsters :cool:

I had a woman do that to me once and followed me from Cork to my own house. it was only when I took notice of who pased me at my house i asked my wife wast that the same car behind me in Cork?
    Wife said "Dont be daft"
    Garda knocking at my door at 5.30 am next morning to tell me my car had been stolen...!! :eek:
    B!tch came back in the middle of the night with her Norrie Boyfriend and stole it to use in and armed robbery later on.. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Tbh OP, you both acted like pillocks.

You, for incorrect use of your horn;
    Use your car horn to:

* Warn other road users of on-coming danger

*Make them aware of your presence for safety reasons when reasonably nessesary

You weren't truthfully doing either.

I'd like to add that she was a psycho bitch, gives female drivers a bad name.

I'd say the northern reg lads saw you and the psycho were having an on-road dispute, and fancied some trouble.

What was the out-come of all of this? What are the gardai saying about it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

This is why guns should be allowed, but only for petrol heads to keep those blasted women drivers away :p

vectra wrote: »
    You should have drove her off the road and show her exactly who is boss :D

Nah
    Seriously though
    I would have rang the Garda and kept driving round so as they could nab her and the X5 gangsters :cool:

I had a woman do that to me once and followed me from Cork to my own house. it was only when I took notice of who pased me at my house i asked my wife wast that the same car behind me in Cork?
    Wife said "Dont be daft"
    Garda knocking at my door at 5.30 am next morning to tell me my car had been stolen...!! :eek:
    B!tch came back in the middle of the night with her Norrie Boyfriend and stole it to use in and armed robbery later on.. :mad:

Sorry to hear that, Vectra. I think I'm lucky that I had the central locking on. I learned that from a situation in Tallaght Village a few years back, when I noticed a scumbag eye-ing up a car in traffic. I tried to get the attention of the driver, who didn't seem to notice anything. Another driver seen me and coped the thug, and got out and approached him, he then ran and the womans handbag was saved. Since then I always drive with the CL on and make sure the GF does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

CL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mr. Pseudonym

Central Locking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

CL?

CL= Central Locking

• Advertisement

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    This is why guns should be allowed, but only for petrol heads to keep those blasted women drivers away :p

You wont get a rise out of me, cork lad :pac:

Abigayle wrote: »

I do know that, but heat of the moment, and not one person in the world can judge something in a split second.
    You weren't truthfully doing either.

I don't get you, what other thing was I not doing. BTW I aint a pillock, she was, mobile in lámha, and no indicators and cutting across on coming traffic, without checking.
    I'd like to add that she was a psycho bitch, gives female drivers a bad name.

I agree, you/they don't need the publicity.
    I'd say the northern reg lads saw you and the psycho were having an on-road dispute, and fancied some trouble.

I doubt it as she was on the mobile to someone when she cut me, she was off it at the lights, and then made another call when she pulled in.
    What was the out-come of all of this? What are the gardai saying about it all?

Not sure yet, the Garda have an address to the regestered owner, and are to pay visit, and have partial to the northern reg, the accents were Irish. My da is in GHQ and has details to follow up on if they don't do anything. So I have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

id bet on her and her pimps, sorry i mean friends getting no more then a telling off! if the guards or the psni have any sense when they call to the house the x5 is at they'll search the boot

landydef wrote: »
    id bet on her and her pimps, sorry i mean friends getting no more then a telling off! if the guards or the psni have any sense when they call to the house the x5 is at they'll search the boot

I'm led to believe that more than that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

landydef wrote: »

some rather harsh strokes on your broad, sweeping brush there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Its all this talk of recession putting everybody in a bad mood:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

peasant wrote: »
    some rather harsh strokes on your broad, sweeping brush there ...
    hands up and apologies on the "pimps" comment and is it really that obvious that i have being underwhelmed by the gardai on there efforts in the past ???
    i understand that when they speak to her she will probably make the OP look like mad max but i dont see what they can do going just on the OP's word with no evidence of physical damage to person or property!
    i sincerely hope they can throw the book at her and her mates by the way

mobile in lámha, and no indicators and cutting across on coming traffic, without checking.
    Completely agree.
    My da is in GHQ and has details to follow up on if they don't do anything. So I have to wait and see.

Thats fortunate for you though, your average Joe wouldnt get a look-in.

When I said you werent doing either, I meant you werent warning her of your presence, it was more out of anger, and it wasnt to alert anyone of an on-coming dangers. Those reasons are the lawful reasons as to why you should use the car of your horn. Im not having a dig, just putting it to you.

I'd love to hear she and they get their come uppance here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

:eek: Theres always one, isn't there :eek:

Someone on a mobile cuts across you, and you do absolutely nothing? I wish all drivers were like you so, but anyone who has driven for five minutes knows this is not how it works here. Beeping is not a crime, beeping is not an offense, talking on your phone and driving dangerously (cutting people off, etc) is. Calling him a "pillock" is hardly reasonable.

He was well within his rights to beep at someone driving like an idiot whilst on the phone who potentially causes a crash. Beeping gives a wake up call, if for only a second. Sure, you're supposed to beep in certain cases, but that's naivety of the highest order if you think that's the culture here.

Luckily you're doors were locked. God knows what would have happened if they weren't interrupted. The guy could have been killed and you want to have a go at him for beeping when someone on the phone nearly causes him to crash. Surely you're taking the solid whiz. Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I think there is a massive difference between inappropriate use of the horn and road rage/intimidation/attemped assault(?) and one doesnt justify the other.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement