Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learning how to drive - horror stories

Options
  • 27-06-2008 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Does anybody have and horror/bad stories about learning how to drive. I started trying to learn how to drive in January and i'm having nothing but bad luck.

Two weeks after starting to learn in January i filled out the driving test form and I had it all ready for posting, then driving instructor number 1 lets me down. So didn't post it.

In march I fill out the form again, had it all ready for posting, and driving instructor number two lets me down.

Early june i got more forms was going to fill it out and my brother takes my car and trashes it. Its still not fixed.

Two weeks ago driving instructor number three got sick and couldn't take me for a few weeks.

I need some desperate cheering up. I was hoping to be on the road with my full license for this summer (Aug, Sept).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

well this might cheer you up a little

started to learn to drive in may 07..and applied for test in same month... got shipped to other side of country to work and got test in oct but because i was working 7 days a week i didnt have time to get lessons n the right town so phoned and cancelled and re applied to where i was living.

got it eventually for may was all happy got driving lessons was all preped for it or so i thought, was in waiting room when i cop my licence was out of date by two days.. yes i know i should of checked but i think i was worked up about practising etc i forgot the basics... my heart dropped when i copped it. went in and told the tester what happened and he had sympathy for me but obivously couldn't do the test. the tesat was with sgs by the way. went straight over applied for new licence and got it next day which made it worse cause in my head if only i had copped it early i would of got my licence in time

rang test centre and explained what had happened and they put me on cancellation list..so defo going to be prepared.. got the call test anbd they only gave me 1 week notice but i didn't care just happy to get it. few more lessons in and do all the checks.. every part of this is true... friday checked all lights working .. oops parking light gone...ok replaced it saturday..after replacing it checked if all were working sorted!..practising again sunday..parked up for evening..check lights again all working..phew... next day drove to work.. i couldnt get time off at short notice only a half day.. got to test centre.. test started..got all the signs right... all under the bonnet stuff right... he is checking lights...brake lights gone... between sunday and monday evening they went.. the test this time its rsa people .. he was not impressed.. saying you should of checked them.. i explained to him what i had done he kinda understood then... but still at end of it he said you shuld of checked an hour before hand. now i should of in theory but in theory they could of been fine then too for all of know they could of blown when i got there...sods law!

so i have applied again!

i need my car for work... and i know part of it is my own fault but part of it is bad luck.. but i know alot of people out there havent tried getting a licence and now are giving out cause delay is up.. i tried i really did...

anyways thought i'd give my story of trying to sit my test!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

you realise that it could take a couple of months for your test to come along once you post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

darling.x wrote: »
    Does anybody have and horror/bad stories about learning how to drive. I started trying to learn how to drive in January and i'm having nothing but bad luck.

Two weeks after starting to learn in January i filled out the driving test form and I had it all ready for posting, then driving instructor number 1 lets me down. So didn't post it.

In march I fill out the form again, had it all ready for posting, and driving instructor number two lets me down.

Early june i got more forms was going to fill it out and my brother takes my car and trashes it. Its still not fixed.

Two weeks ago driving instructor number three got sick and couldn't take me for a few weeks.

I need some desperate cheering up. I was hoping to be on the road with my full license for this summer (Aug, Sept).

Post in the application anyway. The RSA are saying that the average waiting time is now 8 weeks (I think), so it's going to take a while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

What do you mean by "driving instructor let me down"?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

i was driving twoo months so was only gettin into driving my own car and someone crashed into me and wrote my car off i think thats bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

None of these seem like horror stories to me. A horror story is crashing and injuring/killing yourself or others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eilismoran

you can apply for your test anyway, you dont need a driving instructor to post it away, it will take 8 - 12 weeks to come upp and you get just under a monthsnotice anyway which is plenty of time to get your driving lessons so post it away as soon as possible or better just apply for it online!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Yeah, seriously, were you waiting for the instructors to send it for you or something? Don't understand why you were waiting for your instuctor and they were letting you down....apply online??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Mazletov

Easy Rider wrote: »
    Yeah, seriously, were you waiting for the instructors to send it for you or something? Don't understand why you were waiting for your instuctor and they were letting you down....apply online??

yeah...apply online!!! easier and much more reliable.

Advertisement