Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round Bale Handler For Front Loader

• 27-06-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am considering buying a round bale handler for my quicke front loader. It is the one that cups around the bale.
    I have looked at the handlers from Mchale and Tanco and was wondering if there is much difference between the two, in terms of getting the job done of stacking the bales.
    The prices quoted range from 1300 to 1600 euros, is this normal or dear?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Hi,
    I am considering buying a round bale handler for my quicke front loader. It is the one that cups around the bale.
    I have looked at the handlers from Mchale and Tanco and was wondering if there is much difference between the two, in terms of getting the job done of stacking the bales.
    The prices quoted range from 1300 to 1600 euros, is this normal or dear?
    Thanks in advance.

is that the one where you can only use it for stacking , there are no tynes on it with rollers which you can put on for drawing in and stacking the bales and then take them off for feeding out

if it is the one you can only use for stacking , id think twice about it , i know someone who bought one and they were disapointed , they bought a mc chale one and having spoken to mc hale since about one myself , the guy there ( not salesman ) admitted himself he perfered the multi purpose handler
    the one your talking about tends to drop the bale unless you clamp the bale extremly tight by which you tend to think you might damage the plastic , the dual purpose one slides in under the bale after you have opened out the rollers via the ram , you then close it in and carry it in like a regular bale lifter
    my unlce has one and i have used it on his farm, very usefull

flemming do a good dual purpose handler , no more expensive than the mc hale one your talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

I use the elephant trunk type handler (the one you are talking about I think) for stacking. Not really that great. Have to squeeze the bales pretty tightly to get a hold on them. This can burst the plastic on some of the bales. Having seen the dual purpose one with rollers, this would definitely be my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Thanks for the input irish bob & kfk.
    Will the bale handler with the rollers and tines be able to stack the bales on there ends on top of each other. I don't want to stack the bales on there sides.I'm not loyal to any brand name, i just want a handler that will stack 200 bales quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Thanks for the input irish bob & kfk.
    Will the bale handler with the rollers and tines be able to stack the bales on there ends on top of each other. I don't want to stack the bales on there sides.I'm not loyal to any brand name, i just want a handler that will stack 200 bales quickly.

I'd recommend the MCHale handler with the sleeves over the tynes. We have one, no problem stacking bales on their ends, its very handy for stacking and feeding and very easy on the plastic. It can open out to pick up bales that sag and can even be used to clamp around a bale of hay if its on its end so that you can put it into a shed and not have to tip it up if its a tight space.

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 paddy reilly

Well lads just thought id reply to this one as i stack several thousand bales a year for a contractor who has both a roler bale squeizer and one with two paddles which grabs a bale by its side. My advice is to forget about buying the the bale handler with the paddles. For several reasons it is more expensive than the one with the rolers bales tend slip out of it, And if you squeez a bale two tight with it it damages the plasic,It is not a good idea to stack wet bales 3 high on there ends. The bale squezzer with the rolers is far more versitile because you can take the rollers off and use it to carry two bales of hay or straw. It does not damage near as many bales as the other type. And stacking bales on their flat is just the best way. Very few of the farmers i stack bales for ever ask for the bales to be stacked on their ends. A new rossmore bale squiezer with rollers was 1050 euros the last time i checked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement