Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Liffey Valley Shopping Centre

Options
  • 27-06-2008 9:05pm

Hi,

I'm travelling to Dublin tomorrow by bus and I need to get to the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. Does the bus pass it along the way? Is it far to it from Heuston Station? Is it possible to walk there from Heuston Station? I mean are there paths along the way? If it's not possible to walk there how much would a taxi cost (at a guess?)

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi,

I'm travelling to Dublin tomorrow by bus and I need to get to the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. Does the bus pass it along the way? Is it far to it from Heuston Station? Is it possible to walk there from Heuston Station? I mean are there paths along the way? If it's not possible to walk there how much would a taxi cost (at a guess?)

Thanks for any help.

The Dublin Bus web site list a few options here.

25 or 78a are your best bets..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Theres a path the whole way there but its not within walking distance. Plenty of busses serve it though, the 25, 25a, 66, 66a, 66b, 66d, 67, and 67a all pass by the bus stop very close to Heuston.

thanks for the reply lads...I'm wary of Dublin Bus because they require exact change don't they and I don't know how much it costs. I don't want to look a twat getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

thanks for the reply lads...I'm wary of Dublin Bus because they require exact change don't they and I don't know how much it costs. I don't want to look a twat getting on.
    You may still travel even if you don't have the exact change. The driver should issue you with a reclaim receipt instead of change.

Just take a few €1 coins, a couple of 50c and a few 20c and you should be able to make almost any combination. If you're a few cent above it's not the end of the world.

Drivers are acustomed to passengers who are not familiar with the fare althought some are a bit gruff alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It will be €1.70 each way.

EDIT: http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=53.347173,-6.292296&spn=0.002197,0.004699&t=h&z=18
    Building at the bottom is Houston and the bus stop is in front of the white/shiny building accross the river. You get off on the first stop just after you cross the M50.

• Advertisement

I'm looking at getting the 78A from Aston Quay but does it really take 65mins approx (according to the website) to get to Liffey Valley SC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Overdraft

It definitely won't take 65 minutes, 30 tops - but probably less on a Saturday.

The taxi fare from Heuston to Liffey Valley would be about e10-e12.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'd recommend getting a 66, 66B, 66A, 66D, 67, 67A, 25, 25A in place of that 78A, it's a very rough bus. It is €1.70, though some bus drivers will try to charge €2. The bus stop is outside the Hickey's gate, opposite Nancy Hands and a Spar. Definitely not within walking distance..bus travels down parkGate Street, Chapelizod and Palmerstown before Liffey Valley.

I got the 78A and they charged me €2 each way. I don't mind because I only had two €2 coins and no other change so I would have paid that anyway. What do you mean "rough" though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The kind of bus where you should actively avoid sitting in the back half of the upstairs because it'd be full of obnoxious skangers, tbh. Most of the busses that go through Ballyfermot would be rough, lots of other busses are as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have to get the 78A twice every day, and it's a highly unpleasant experience

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

What do you mean "rough" though?
    It would be difficult for anything up here to seem rough after coming from Limerick! :pac:

That's a joke by the way. Mrs Wishbone Ash is a good Limerick Lady! ;)

Advertisement