Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowers?

Options
  • 27-06-2008 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Do you get them from your menfolk? I am single now so not an issue for me at the moment but I was thinking today that I have only ever got flowers once from a boyfriend (for my birthday).
    Although I am not a girly girl I think I would love a surprise bunch of flowers from a guy.

And guys, do you give flowers?

Do you get flowers? 60 votes

Yes and I love it
    0% 0 votes
    Meh, yes
    36% 22 votes
    No, thankfully
    13% 8 votes
    No and it makes me sad
    5% 3 votes
    There is always an other
    45% 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I've gotten flowers twice ever from the same guy. Once was Valentine's day so that didn't count at all but the first time was when we'd only been seeing each other a few weeks and I was really unwell so he sent me flowers! I loved it. Never been so surprised in my life! We're not goin out anymore but i still have the card and the ribbon off them cos they were so pretty!

*sigh* memories... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I've gotten flowers from my boyfriend twice in 2 years, once when I was sick and it was a really really nice surprise and then for my 21st birthday but he was pretty much told that i wanted them.

I really love flowers, I don't like how much they cost but even a bunch from tesco/ Superquinn would keep me happy! I'd like if he did it out of the blue like the time when i was sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I usually buy fresh flowers every week or two, so he doesnt buy them for me, He used to....

Havent had a suprise bunch in ages off him*...

*Makes mental note to remind him next time he bugs me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I've only been given one bunch from a fella, on valentines day and bless him he was pretty broke at the time which made it all the nicer. Boys dont buy me flowers :( I buy myself flowers if I think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Looby_Loo wrote: »

And guys, do you give flowers?

Not enough. :o

Must remember to buy wife-to-be flowers soon. Thanks for the reminder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Ive been seeing my new guy for a couple of months and he bought me some flowers in week 2 or 3 and then he bought another bunch the week later but I didnt have enough vases so he bought me a vase the following week ahhhhh - so cute :) I was chuffed and absolutely love getting flowers. They dont have to be a big expensive bunch - its the thought that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Ive been seeing my new guy for a couple of months and he bought me some flowers in week 2 or 3 and then he bought another bunch the week later but I didnt have enough vases so he bought me a vase the following week ahhhhh - so cute :)

Thats nice.... He sounds like a keeper:)

Cathooo wrote: »
    Boys dont buy me flowers :( I buy myself flowers if I think of it.

Yeah there's been a few times when i've bought them for myself after dropping hints and no success from that! They just make me happy when I look at them, I normally put them on my desk in my room and they're the first things I see in the morning. Love seeing sunflowers (nice and smiley!!) and then smelling the lillies first thing!!

Quality wrote: »
    Thats nice.... He sounds like a keeper:)

Thanks :D I am fairly smitten alright and its been so EASY - no grief, no wondering when he will call etc and we have good fun - fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Yeah there's been a few times when i've bought them for myself after dropping hints and no success from that! They just make me happy when I look at them, I normally put them on my desk in my room and they're the first things I see in the morning. Love seeing sunflowers (nice and smiley!!) and then smelling the lillies first thing!!

I dont have anyone to drop hints to sadly :D I tend to buy myself tulips, I think theyre very colourful and pretty, they brighten my day anyway!
    Thanks :D I am fairly smitten alright and its been so EASY - no grief, no wondering when he will call etc and we have good fun - fingers crossed :)

You're very lucky, enjoy it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I gave up waiting on the 2 exs, they both said flowers die and weren't worth the money, so I buy them myself.
    I adore flowers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

I dont think guys realise how nice it is to be surprised with a nice bunch of flowers (they dont need to be fancy or pricey!!) for no reason at all..

awwww warm fuzzies!!

Cmol wrote: »
    I dont think guys realise how nice it is to be surprised with a nice bunch of flowers (they dont need to be fancy or pricey!!) for no reason at all..

awwww warm fuzzies!!

Yeah I agree. I think they just see them as flowers...that cost a lot. For me it's what I said above that they cheer me up etc. The flowers he got me the 2 times were perfect, coz he knows i love lillies. Theones for my 21st were in a gorgeous purple vase with pink lillies and some other flowers!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I do get flowers, I can't say I dont like it. I know its a nice gesture, but it makes me a little uncomfortable.

Buy me a drink and we'll call it quits :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've only even got flowers from my mam :( I'd LOVE to get flowers from a guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Twee. wrote: »
    I've only even got flowers from my mam :( I'd LOVE to get flowers from a guy!

Meh. I cant grow anything, and I dont buy them myself.. so the sentiment is lost on me.

Ive been seeing my new guy for a couple of months and he bought me some flowers in week 2 or 3 and then he bought another bunch the week later but I didnt have enough vases so he bought me a vase the following week ahhhhh - so cute :) I was chuffed and absolutely love getting flowers. They dont have to be a big expensive bunch - its the thought that counts.

Oeeuuhh! He sounds fab! Delighted to hear you met someone nice! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Got flowers off dp for Valentines day years ago i had to nag him.Other than that its usually Mothers day,got some lovely ones this year as ds was born the day before and in comes dp and the other 2 ds with flowers they were gorgous.I got flowers from his job when i had the baby,i was nearly crying cause ive never met these people and they send me flowers and a bottle of champagne.My job got s.f.a

I inherited a fantastic garden, I really should bring some of them into the house.
    And SS I am jealous!

Ah thanks girls :) Early days, early days so will see.... Start of the year was CRAP so this is making up for it but enought gushing and OP sorry for hijacking your thread. :D

My friend and her hubby sent me flowers as a birthday gift this year and I loved it then so I dont care where they come from I just love getting flowers :) Must get back into the habit of buying them for myself.... Saw lilies in Tesco for €6.99 today.

• Advertisement

GinnyJo wrote: »
    I inherited a fantastic garden, I really should bring some of them into the house.

Wow that would be fantastic - must be great to have a fab garden outside your house....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I love flowers, and I think buying them for someone is really nice as you're reminded of them when you see the flowers, I also think the impermanence of flowers is quite romantic in a way...

Oh it is, full of different types of roses, gladiolus, tiger lillies, climbing plants, a maple tree and a willow tree.
    I just have to make sure I don't kill them!

Oh it is, full of different types of roses, gladiolus, tiger lillies, climbing plants, a maple tree and a willow tree.
    I just have to make sure I don't kill them!

Wow I love roses... Those small rambling roses are fab... Would you take it up as a passtime/ learn how to maintain it?? I would be fab to be able to maintain it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Purple irises are my favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

I get flowers all the time, I'm spoilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

Am lucky enough to be spoiled rotten by my OH of 1 year and have received about 5 bunches of flowers in the past 6 months, with the last set ordered online delivered with a bottle of champagne, because he is abroad with work, bless his cotton socks!

I really should theres loads of different roses out there, climbing, traditional, tea, peony..I'm going to turn into craZY GardEning lady:D

I really should theres loads of different roses out there, climbing, traditional, tea, peony..I'm going to turn into craZY GardEning lady:D

Could be worse things to be - I am jealous :)

• Advertisement

Oh I'm working on the cat part..:pac: :D

Advertisement