Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowers?

Options
13»

Comments

Nobody has ever give me flowers ever.
    Well expect some boy, but he was trying to offload them.
    And it was front of my then crush and put him right off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I love getting flowers..pink roses and lillies!!! I never get them tho :(

But if I did I would only want them once in a while...you'd be much more appreciative wouldnt you, if someone got them for you every week it would turn it unto a "chore" rather than because they were thinking of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I got a bunch of carnations off aboy around the corner when I was like 8....

Oh and Valentines 2 years ago, I was having an argurment with himself on the street and this girl came up and handed me a bunch of roses, said I needed cheering up. :) Very nice of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

I'd like to get flowers. I got sent flowers 2 years ago for Valentines Day, that was a MASSIVE surprise because i wasnt with anyone, and hadnt been for 6 months or so!!! 20 red tulips!!! Never found who they were from.

My Bf, refuses to buy flowers on the grounds that they are being killed for a weeks enjoyment and he hates that people can't leave them just grow normally...

Though he did buy me a plant, rather than flowers, nice gesture i thought

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i got a huge bunch of flowers delivered to work last thursday, for absolutely no reason whatsoever because he is the best boyfriend in the world

303927893a8136063250l.jpg

303927893a8136063050l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Bar the first couple of guys I went out with and that was in school and college I think every guy I've gone out with has bought me flowers at some stage and not necessarily for special occasions.

I really like getting flowers, maybe I've passed comment on it and that's why I get them, although my last ex just sent some a couple of times without anything been said, that was quite sweet. :)

Just thinking, he actually likes receiving flowers as well which I have given to him and to other guys. Has anyone else given flowers to a guy before??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Does it count if they make you one out of a napkin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I tend to do random gifts anyway when i am going out with someone....just little things you know they will like. Flowers is something i have done quite a bit.

The best one was one of my ex's arriving home after a hard days work to find roses and chocolate on her 2nd floor balcony.

And all because the lady loves.......

We need to fashion a Ladies lounge seal of approval medal to fasten to Dragans Lapel.

They are so Preety Irishbird.....I'm jealous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Moonbaby wrote: »
    We need to fashion a Ladies lounge seal of approval medal to fasten to Dragans Lapel.

LoL. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Last bunch of flowers I got was from my OH's mother at Easter. I never ever get flowers from him. :( Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Just thinking, he actually likes receiving flowers as well which I have given to him and to other guys. Has anyone else given flowers to a guy before??
    Yes, I give them to my husband!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

ooh girls i would love a nice bouquet...

i got them the last 2 yrs from my friend in dublin...hubby never buys them , well i lie , after i had the girls i got them , 2 really nive bouquets too...the first were roses but they were so red they were almost black..if that makes sense....

on the second dd it was a mixture of crysanths ,carnations and other flowers...equally as nice too....its the thought really isn't it

irish bird those flowers are fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Love getting flowers! Always puts a smile on my face and am lucky enough to have a lovely thoughtful boyfriend who surprises me with roses to mark a special occasion or make me feel better or sometimes, "just because". I like to do something in return for him too, even if it's just his favourite ice-cream, a book he's wanted or a take-away -everyone likes to be thought of. It's those little things that mean a lot to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I would buy flowers...if i had a girlfriend to give them to! :(

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I've gotten flowers off my boyfriend twice... At valetine's day, he turned up at my house with a dozen roses (he lives up north so I only see him a couple times a month), and then for our 6 month anniversary last weekend he gave me a single white rose, which was lovely. I'm not really the type who's big on "traditional" gifts or anything (he got me a copy of Fallout for valentine's day), but there's something romantic about flowers. They make a girl feel special. I never really considered giving him flowers and I'd like to surprise him like that, but his manliness might be offended. I might be safer getting him a bouquet of wrenches.

I love it when I see guys walking through town with flowers, too. It means (hopefully!) something romantic is about to happen to someone. It's nice to see others in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭FlexiLexi

i have gotten the odd bunch. he hates buying them cause he doesnt understand why he should fork over cash for something that dies.
    i generally get them for val's day and my bday, and maybe an odd one now and then......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[WoW]

ive gotten ONE from my bf of a year and a half. and it was fake.:(

Advertisement