Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sevenoaks Sound & Vision Straw Poll

• 27-06-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi All,

Firstly a big hello and well done to all on this forum !!! Great forum and lots of positive comments. :D

Firstly moderators I am not looking for business (well maybe in future!!). Anyway I am MD of Sevenoaks Sound & Vision Ireland, we have just secured rights for Ireland and are planning to open a Custom Install showroom in Dublin.
    But after reading through various threads there seems to be need for good HiFi & video retailer in Dublin. We were not planning retail store but interested in as much feedback.... Maybe we could be persuaded !!!

Interested in your thoughts ...
    Cheers in advance.

Maurice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Oh, you would be most welcome. I recently bought a couple of grands worth of speakers from SSAV Edinburgh because I couldn't source any of the speakers choices I had shortlisted in Ireland. Richersounds would be the only other Irish shop I purchase from. We need a quality showroom / retail outlet here. I just bought ALL of my AV equipment blind. I'm sick of reading threads over on avforums, where everyone is able to go to their local showroom and demo the brands that I would love to demo. I'm sure there's a big demand for it in Ireland, especially Dublin. How many apartments etc have sprung up around Dublin in the last five years, mostly bought by young tech savvy couples. The market is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

SevenOakes would indeed be very welcome here on the retail front... I've always found the guys in the UK (and particularly in Edinburgh) to be very helpful and genuinely friendly even though I made it clear I was a tourist and not buying.

That said a lot of traders have come and gone over the years and really only Cloney Audio remain. First because they stock real HiFi and secondly their customer service is very good. I never buy blind from them and regularly borrow stuff to demo. It's in their own interests!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I agree with the post by aaf - although in my case it was SSAV Nothingham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MauriceD

Thanks Gents

Good to here positive feedback on SSAV :D Hope we can match same levels of service...

Will be watching for more feedback

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hello and welcome............... an interesting development, hopefully more choice for us. I've copied your thread to the Speakers and Amps forums to give it wider coverage.

You might be aware from browsing the forum that we have a number of regular posters who are connected with existing retailers - their presence is very welcome as it provides a good avenue of communication for us for details etc. and no doubt helps them in term of visibility, goodwill etc. We would welcome news from you as your project develops.

If you have any queries feel free to check with me by PM or check with the other Mods.

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Welcome along to the forum Maurice.

Ritz has pretty much mirrored what I was going to say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Batman182

Hi Maurice,

I think a big seven oaks store in one of Dublin’s retail parks would be great.

In a recent trip to a large Harvey Norman, I had to laugh at their attempt at a projection demo room and some of the advice i heard sales people telling people. I think a high quality (in all ways) av retail and custom install outlet is sorely needed. I'd like to see a demo room with a good quality projection set up, with recliners and all. It would wow people. If you going to do it do it big that’s what I say.

A lot of the Joe Publics out there are not aware of what can be achieved at home at a reasonable price.

On a side note I'd love to get involved in the AV industry, currently looking into Cedia courses. If you need any man power or help I'd be interested?.

John

Batman182 wrote: »
    Hi Maurice,

In a recent trip to a large Harvey Norman, I had to laugh at their attempt at a projection demo room and some of the advice i heard sales people telling people. I think a high quality (in all ways) av retail and custom install outlet is sorely needed. I'd like to see a demo room with a good quality projection set up, with recliners and all. It would wow people. If you going to do it do it big that’s what I say.

A lot of the Joe Publics out there are not aware of what can be achieved at home at a reasonable price.

On a side note I'd love to get involved in the AV industry, currently looking into Cedia courses. If you need any man power or help I'd be interested?.

John

Hi John

Thanks for your thoughts. I know where you are coming from in relation to big stores and lack of product knowledge !! We will have 2 dedicated demo rooms including full home cinema including projector. We are looking at a large retail park but units are a bit away from being finished but I will have news over next couple of weeks and we will be opening asap. Will let you guys know !!! Will keep you in mind for job, drop me PM with your details and good luck with Cedia course that will stand to you.

Good luck and watch this space.

Maurice

Hi Maurice,

John

Hi all

Just to let you know we are opening mid November with full CI showroom and some retail. All product can be ordered if not in stock .....
    Goto site below for contact info or drop me line
    http://www.sevenoaks.ie

Hope to see you all over coming weeks/months.

cheers

Mauricebiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

MauriceD wrote: »
    Hi all

Just to let you know we are opening mid November with full CI showroom and some retail. All product can be ordered if not in stock .....

cheers

That's fantastic news. I'll be keeping you busy over the next year as my parents are building a new house and they've asked me to look after the av for the entire house!

• Advertisement

aaf wrote: »
    That's fantastic news. I'll be keeping you busy over the next year as my parents are building a new house and they've asked me to look after the av for the entire house!

Cheers aaf

Great news look forward to meeting you and hopefully can give you great service and value for money..

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Hi all

cheers

Any news on the official opening date ? Will there be any special advance opening for Boardies ? Any special opening offers planned ? :pac:

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Any news on the official opening date ? Will there be any special advance opening for Boardies ? Any special opening offers planned ? :pac:

hi Eddie

Aiming to open w/c 17th Nov will post more info closer to time... We are looking at doing formal opening and again am waiting for info on specials. Will let you know.

Cheers

Maurice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi Maurice, I live close by to the new shop and noticed it last night for the first time. The signage looks good but you might need to tidy away some of the wiring :) I'll give you a few weeks to sort that out!

Best of luck with the venture, I look forward to a visit and meeting you.

Majj

MAJJ wrote: »
    Hi Maurice, I live close by to the new shop and noticed it last night for the first time. The signage looks good but you might need to tidy away some of the wiring :) I'll give you a few weeks to sort that out!

Best of luck with the venture, I look forward to a visit and meeting you.

Majj

Thanks Majj

Always a few extra wires left over from any good install !!!:eek:

Thanks for wishes and see you coming weeks.....

Maurice

Thanks Majj

Always a few extra wires left over from any good install !!!:eek:

Thanks for wishes and see you coming weeks.....

Maurice

Just to let all know

Our doors are open and look forward to seeing you all .....
    Am going to organize a boardies night with specials for boardies...
    Will keep you posted!!!

M:D

Congrats Maurice,

I should be popping out on Saturday for a look around, will you be in the shop on Sat?

John

Congrats Maurice,

I should be popping out on Saturday for a look around, will you be in the shop on Sat?

John

Cheers John

Thanks for wishes and yes will be there on sat.

See you then...

Couldn't make it out this Sat unfortunatly but should hopefully be out this side of christmas

Advertisement