Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilates/yoga in Dublin 15

Options
  • 27-06-2008 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi all - thinking of trying out yoga or pilates - preferably pilates I think. Wouldn't mind trying out one class if there is anywhere with a drop in facility - any suggestions on a good place in Dublin 15?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

My wife uses these and finds them very good

http://purehealth.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Thanks - shall give them a try, their website looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BCS

Keep an eye out for the Coolmine Community College evening prospectus. They used to do yoga classes and much cheaper than going to local gymns.

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Free yoga Blanchardstown Library at 7pm on Monday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

There's Pilates in Castleknock Tennis club AFAIK.

Mightn't be on till September but you can ring to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thats kundalini yoga mediation on a monday night not ordinary fitness yoga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Xander1971

Sara Morrissey does a great yoga class for beginners in the Spin Fitness place on the long mile road (I think that's what its called) on a Monday night. Also Melt have a great class on Wednesday nights with Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

as recomended above I tried out purehealth in Ongar and find them great.

Due to other commitments the fact that there classes are flexible, ie you don't have to do a set day each week, is a major plus for. Normally when I sign up for a course I ended up missing a couple so for me this is one of the major positives for this place.
    Not having experience of other teachers I'm probably not the best judge however I enjoy it and find it surprisingly relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

I do pilates in Clonee pitch&putt club clubhouse on Monday and Thursdays- there are beginners/inter/advanced groups. I started out as a beginner 3 months ago and am now in the intermediate class having seen large improvements in my flexibility and core strength. If anyone wants any more detail just PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PHYOGA

:)Hi there, I just wanted to let you know that I teach Hatha Yoga <SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

PHYOGA, no advertising on here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

there's a place in hartstown that does 12 weeks for 60 squid or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clars

There is a course starting next wed 14th october at 7.30 in dunboyne tennis club for beginners. Small numbers so would be really good for individual attention. <SNIP>

MOD EDIT: Posting of phone numbers is prohibited; please read the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

the aquatic centre does them and you dont have to be a member there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clars

Thanks for that. You don't have to be a member in the tennis club either.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

These guys do classes in Laurel Lodge http://www.pilatesperformanceireland.com/1/community-classes.html
    A bit expensive but probably comparable to everywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zerogvt

Old thread but I think it's better to use it than opening a new one.
    So...any pilates classes in D15 in 2018 that won't break the bank ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Pure health Ongar

Advertisement