Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meddling Press?

Options
  • 27-06-2008 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭

Having returned to my roots about twenty years ago, I need educating on one particular aspect of Irish Politics. In the UK, in my opinion, the press has too much say in who should be running the country. Most of the rags lay it on thick and fast when they regard a government as having gone past its sell-by date.

I don't notice anything like that in Ireland, or perhaps I'm blind. What is the relationship between the press and Irish politics?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its more ambigous here. The UK situation is commendably transparent.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

The UK press is certainly a lot better. I feel Irelands politics in the media is too much about the politicians and not so much about whats actually important, they bump sales figures by making our politicians into 'reality tv' like stars. The UKs zero tolerance of corruption allows for such problems to blow over quickly and gets back to the real news a lot faster.

Advertisement