Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIAT Requests, whos going?

Options
  • 28-06-2008 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Ok so who wants a picture of what when myself and Vulcan and combat go over? He will be doing fast movers/Airborne pics and il do statics.

Also who from here is going over and does anybody fancy meeting for a few with myself and Vulcan and Combat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

I'm not going to the RIAT anymore, just Farnborough. I've been over in the UK already this summer and it's just too expensive. When I was over I bought a ****e disposable camera (couldn't borrow a digital at the time) for £4.50 and none of the photos showed up on the film. I'm going over for the Enthusiast Day/Trade Day. It's an expensive day out.

In order of preference, I'd love to see photos of;
    F-22A Raptor
    Irish Air Corps CASA CN-235M
    Eurofighter Typhoon
    Cirrus SR22
    Hungarian/Czech Air Force Antonov An-26
    Indian Air Force Sarang Helicopter Display Team
    C-17A Globemaster
    VLM Airlines Fokker 50
    Anything Russian!

Enjoy yourselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Pure Cork wrote: »
    In order of preference, I'd love to see photos of;
    F-22A Raptor
    Irish Air Corps CASA CN-235M
    Eurofighter Typhoon
    Cirrus SR22
    Hungarian/Czech Air Force Antonov An-26
    Indian Air Force Sarang Helicopter Display Team
    C-17A Globemaster
    VLM Airlines Fokker 50
    Anything Russian!

Enjoy yourselves

No problem, we will thanks!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Punchy07

Just got back from holidays there,didnt think i'd have enough money left over to get over to Fairford but I do,but i couldnt imagine we'd find anywhere to stay at this late stage:(

A few shots of The F-22 would be nice Steyr and enjoy!

No problem, FYI the Raptor is going to be flown at RIAT by an RAF pilot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Punchy07

Just read there that Saturday's show has been cancelled due to the heavy rainfall over the last 72 hours,what a disaster for anyone who travelled over!I just hope they manage to get the airfield in order for Sunday now.I presume the A380 wont be on show as it was due to fly on Saturday only.To steyr and anyone else that travelled I hope it hasn't dampened spirits too much and that sunday will be a great show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Anyone who is going should know that you have to have a ticket in advance for sunday you can't get them there. Also saturday tickets are not valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Guys,

Who actually travelled over , what a gutting thing , the rain must have been bad !

Hey all i went over with Roger ( Vulcan57 ) and his Son Adrian ( Combat5 ) weather was brilliant but basewise it was really bad ( muddy fields etc ) thats why RIAT was called off, either way we had a blast we visited LHR at the now Infamous spotting location of Myrtle Avenue where Jumbo's are literally 30ft above your head, we also visited the Helicopter Museum in Weston-Super-Mare and oh yes PICTURES WILL FOLLOW VERY SOON!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Mytle Ave , know it well.

I always like The Green Man , had added advantages of a pint or two.

If you were down at WSM , you were not far from the Fleet Air Arm museum at Yeovilton , didn't fancy popping in there , or no time ?

I am currently right under a flight path into AMS watching allsorts. ( between working of course )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

We were down at WSM and had though about Yeovilton. Problem was that we were relying on public transport and to get to yeovilton would have been a lot more difficult.

• Advertisement
Advertisement