Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Recruit.

Options
  • 28-06-2008 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

French Indie Production looking urgently for 3 transvestite for a short burlesque dance scene in a Dublin-based Film.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

But do you have to have your own outfit! or be convincing?!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Personal contact details edited out.

If you want to engage with the community here then use the forum itself to do so.

You might want to consider providing more details. Why do you need actual transvestites? I'm pretty sure Tim Curry isn't a transvestite, but he manage to do a good job of playing one.

I agree MF, if an actor is good enough, then they should be able to play any part. Or maybe they don't want to pay actor's rates and can just offer it to Joe/Joanne Public for the price of a free buffet and free tickets to the premier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TastyD

DJ Spider is partly right, although, it's not as black and white as you describe it.

We have a very tight budget and have a professional cast and crew who are doing us a favour by acting for us for free (not even for the buffet but just like us for the passion of making films and working together).

We are looking to show this film into festivals and have done very serious work around it: Technical issues regarding sound and picture are all well covered and this is not our first film.

We are genuinely interested about Tvs acting in the project, preferrably with their own oufits (burlesque would be the tone we are looking for but are quite open to other suggestions). The reason (if there has to be one :)) is purely emotional and has to do with the aesthetics and the visual style it will contribute to the piece.

Good showreel and fun guaranteed!

Best wishes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Penelope LaJupe

Hi there,

Wld like to participate, but sadly cannot dance to save my life, so if nobody else shows up I'd be happy to take part.

U can see more of me on http://www.youtube.com/penelopethedress or on http://www.flickr.com/photos/penelopethedress

Thanks,

Penelope LaJupe (Miss)

• Advertisement

Penelope, I checked your flikr, it says you have to be signed in! Any chance sending me another link where I can see you? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Thanks for the further info, Tasty D.

You'll generally get a better response if give a bit more detail. Best of luck with it and be sure to let us know how you get on.

If anyone is interested and able to help them out then drop Tasty D a PM.

And DJ_Spider, take it to PM or something.... You'll need a yahoo account to log into Flickr.

Ah thanks for the info MF, I not used or viewed flickr! I'm doing something else that needs people like the OP. Blonde moment appologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Penelope LaJupe

Hi Spider,

OK sorry about that, yep I think U need to have Yahoo also, I have some vid clip on http://www.youtube.com/penelopethedress

Like I said can't dance and definitely NOT passable, but if U get no takers, well....

Cheers,

Penelope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TastyD

Hi Penelope,

I loved your showreel.

Sorry for not coming back to you earlier. We were a bit under time pressure and had to rewrite the scene. Hence, no need for transgender actors this time.

Will keep in touch through tastelessdany@gmail.com for next time if you wish.

Best,

TD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement