Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute function room?

Options
  • 28-06-2008 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm living in Australia and am home for a few weeks in July, so have decided to throw a bit of a session to make sure I get to see everyone. But as usual I've left it late to sort anything out, and have set the 12th of July as the date, but haven't booked anywhere yet. There'll probably be like 30-40 people there, and if I could avoid spending big bucks on it that'd be cool!

So I'm looking for somewhere central which either has a separate room or can cordon off a section or whatever. Was thinking downstairs in either Hogan's or Sin E, but realistically they're probably booked out at this late notice. Anyone got any ideas? Somewhere with good music and central would be cool... Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The Mercantile
    The Hub
    Messrs Maguires
    Rogue Bar
    Park Inn Hotel in Smithfield
    The Duke Bar

Have all been very accomodating to Boards Beers in the past, some at the very last minute also and would have similar numbers, so give them a shot. Most aren't function rooms but have cordoned off areas or at least reserved tables etc.

Jurys (now D4 hotels) have function rooms, I don't think they're *that* expensive but you'd have to hire a Dj if you wanted music afaik.

The Hilton also do function rooms, no idea of the price but have been to a few 21sts there.
    Hope that helps somewhat!

Advertisement