Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Just in Case I Die

• 28-06-2008 1:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Awesome new web-site

allows you to write emails to people which will only be sent when you die

Enter Justincaseidie.com. in just a few clicks, you can save a message that will only be sent to it's intended recipient if you die. Well...almost. It will actually only be sent if you fail to log back in to the system within the timeframe that you set, we're just sort of assuming that only death would stop you doing this.

So why would you want to do this? Well, have a think about it - there's probably loads of things you would like people to know ("I love you" / "The safe combination is 1432" / "I always thought you smelt of fish") that you simply can't bring yourself to saying whilst you're still alive to suffer the consequences. Imagine the freedom of knowing that they'll only find out if you never return from your trip to Spain!

would you use this service?

:pwho would you send an email to and what would it say?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Id send an email to myself and pick it up in the next life using some invention that will be invented by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

and what would you say faceman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

You might have to do one for this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

This is a brilliant idea.

I think I'd give my family a list of all the websites and usernames I'd ever used, so they could go and enjoy all the online-geniusness of mine that they'd missed through the years.

Reminds me of when you see a Bebo page belonging to somebody who's died, and it's got the last date they logged in. Kind of strange, because it's going to be there as long as bebo is... and the person who made it, isn't any more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

and what would you say faceman?

Buy low, sell high.
    Never leave your bicycle out in the rain
    So long and thanks for all the fish
    Use both sides of the toilet paper

And id probably tell my secrets of lady moves such as the trademark "shoe phone", "whitney houston dance" and "brown scones for beginneers"

Ladies love my brown scones!

Sorry but you had to ask!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

great to see you reply faceman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Abigayle wrote: »
    You might have to do one for this thread.

Round of applause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Cool but weird idea. i'm kinda scared to sign up. only 22:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It will actually only be sent if you fail to log back in to the system within the timeframe that you set, we're just sort of assuming that only death would stop you doing this.
    Knowing me I'd totally forget to log in, and people would start getting emails beginning "OK, so I'm dead! Bloody stop your moaning, head down the pub and remember me the way I would want to be remembered!"

I'm not sure I'd be popular when their hopes were dashed ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Cool but weird idea. i'm kinda scared to sign up. only 22:eek:

Well, you could take up some really dangerous hobbies, if you're scared you won't get value out of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Can you overdraft on an atm card?
    I may have thought of one of several cunning plans for those who get my death mail. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

"I always thought you were a dick. Suck my cold, dead balls."

That's what I'd send. Don't know who'd get it though, but someone would have to.

This is actually pretty cool though

As jill_v said, the online passwords would be a cool one.
    In fact, they could take over your boards account and let the online persona live on!
    faceman wrote:
    And id probably tell my secrets of lady moves such as the trademark "shoe phone", "whitney houston dance" and "brown scones for beginneers"

Ladies love my brown scones!

Sorry but you had to ask!!!
    I'm going to have to ask further...please elaborate
    At least "shoe phone"!

Sinfonia wrote: »
    I'm going to have to ask further...please elaborate
    At least "shoe phone"!

If you are a wimmenz then you will only witness such an event whilst in my company. :p

If you are a bloke then i can share my secrets for a small fee. Or a beer. or after a few beers. Or during a few beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Butt sekz rockz.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Weird enough...

faceman wrote: »
    If you are a wimmenz then you will only witness such an event whilst in my company. :p

If you are a bloke then i can share my secrets for a small fee. Or a beer. or after a few beers. Or during a few beers.

Bah, I changed username and have become androgenous...
    I'll need some sort of manly man's man's avatar or something...

Well, if I ever see you out, I'll buy you a beer - I assume you'll be the man with the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Maybe I'll have it email me in 5 years.It would be nice to see how I've changed.

Futurism wrote: »
    Maybe I'll have it email me in 5 years.It would be nice to see how I've changed.

Yeah, could make a nice little time capsule

Advertisement