Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Just in Japan?...That game looks awesome, shame its for a portable and not the ps3. Square seem to be getting really good at getting around to all the available consoles with different material, kinda sucks for their fans though if you wanna play all their games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,425 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks very Kingdom Hearts to me. Hope they make this one challenging becuase making KH2 easier than brushing your teeth totally ruined that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

This is a one on one kinda fighting game with just a wee bit of story to tie it together...least thats what it looked like from the ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

Yeah, it seems to be a fighting game. Still...dang, Zidane and Tidus' teamwork in the trailer was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

even though it might only be being released in japan, you can still get an import copy.

yeah it'll be in japanese but still enjoyable!

• Advertisement

I plan to do that. Dang. Can't wait for the next trailer to see who else will be in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Did anyone see Cloud in those vids?

Seph Vs Squall looks cool.

Cloud hasn't been confirmed of being in the game yet. There's a good chance he will, though. Well, I'm hoping he'll be in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Check this out and tell me it doesn't make you excited.

Check out the art work and the sexy CGI renders! Emperor looks so awesome, I think Nomura did a great job. The Amano characters look fantastic.

WANT.

The new trailer is now up on the official website. I suggest any and all Final Fantasy fans watch it, if not for the reveal of all the characters at least watch it to see your favourite hero or villain in full CGI. Gameplay looks quite interesting too :D.

I'm loving the voice acting in it, although who knows if the english translation will retain the quality (Crisis Core certainly didn't in quite a few ways, although FFIV DS for the most part did.)

EDIT: Here's a YouTube version for those with crappy DL speeds.

• Advertisement

Am I blind?

I don't see Cloud at all. Also since when is Jecht a baddy?

Squall VS Seph looks the ****.

noodler wrote: »
    Am I blind?

I don't see Cloud at all. Also since when is Jecht a baddy?

Squall VS Seph looks the ****.

Did you watch the whole thing? You can see CGI Cloud standing with the group in a few parts, but no fight scene except for the in game fight with Sephiroth shown.

Although I havn't played enough of FFX yet, I know that they chose Jeckt to tie in better with the story of Dissidia. Apparently whoever is the real villain wouldn't have worked or something. If I'd actually finished the game I could give you a better answer but I've purposely avoided any posts that discuss why Jeckt should/shouldn't have been chosen, apart from Nomura's reason about the story.

Damn sorry man. You really should make FFX your priority in my opinion.

Yes the main baddie wouldn;t have been ideal I guess. I'll watch it again-I kind of noted a shadow outline (whats the word?) of someone with a big sword on his shoulder.

I didn't notice any Cloud game play. Ill have another look.

Okay saw him. I was watching the wrong video.

Looks cool, surprised there is no Auron!

I even caught a glimpse of Kefka and Chupon!

Damn sorry man. You really should make FFX your priority in my opinion.

Yes the main baddie wouldn;t have been ideal I guess. I'll watch it again-I kind of noted a shadow outline (whats the word?) of someone with a big sword on his shoulder.

I didn't notice any Cloud game play. Ill have another look.

Silhouette? Make sure you're watching the TGS '08 trailer and not an older one :) The trailer should be over 5 minutes long, with gameplay of every single hero and villain :D

OT: Indeed, I really should focus on FFX, it's just I have a small thesis to write at the moment! I'll prob finish it over the Xmas holidays, I just hope that it looks alright on a HD TV. Do upscaled PS2 games look alright on a HDTV? Not that it really matters I guess.

Okay saw him. I was watching the wrong video.
    LOL, thought you were a bit mad there for a sec.
    Looks cool, surprised there is no Auron!
    Well what fighting game would be complete without secret characters?
    I even caught a glimpse of Kefka and Chupon!
    What did you think of Kefka's voice? I think the bit with Terra/Tina versus Ultimecia was bleedin deadly :D

ULTIMATE FANSERVICE!

Its all in Japanese though so how can you make a judgement on voices?

Kefka was acting a little golemish (subservient) to whoever he was talking to to me!

Its all in Japanese though so how can you make a judgement on voices?

Kefka was acting a little golemish (subservient) to whoever he was talking to to me!

Of course you can make a judgement on the voice, he sounds like a bleedin psycho! From what I can make out, he keeps saying 'I'm going to...' so I guess he's telling Terra all the wonderully psychotic things he's going to do (to her?) - it was her in the fight with him. I can't make out the ends of his sentences because 1) My Japanese isn't that good and 2) His voice is loony! I'll see if I can work it out or find a translation.

Edit: Turns out he's saying "I'm going to break you." Nice! Subtitled trailer.

Eh, I'm terribly sorry I wan working under the, not unreasonable assumption, that you didn't know any Japanese.

It looks from the battles than maybe it won't be the old duels (Squall VS Seph instead of Cloud etc) so maybe Kefka isn't addressing Terra?

Eh, I'm terribly sorry I wan working under the, not unreasonable assumption, that you didn't know any Japanese.

It looks from the battles than maybe it won't be the old duels (Squall VS Seph instead of Cloud etc) so maybe Kefka isn't addressing Terra?

If you watch you see her summon something against Kefka, so it's definately her. (Summons come up as just a picture of the Esper) You can play the game as anyone against anyone as far as I know, I'm not sure about the story mode though. Maybe you pick one good guy and then play against all the bad guys?

Apparently this game has a lot more dialogue than Crisis Core so expect quite a bit of a story to it.

Heh heh, I did Japanese in college, I can understand speech alright, my reading comprehension is like that of a 5 year old though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement