Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub/Hotel with Barbecue Facilities?

Options
  • 28-06-2008 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

For a birthday party in early September, I'm looking to organise both a barbecue and a function room in a pub. It'd be ideal if both could be in the same venue - a pub, or even a hotel, perhaps, that has space for a barbecue during the day, and has a function room - with a bar - for the evening.

We can bring our own grill, and I'll do the cooking, or the establishment can provide gear and cook, or they can be hired in - I'm not too picky on that point.

Anyone know of such a beast?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

I was at a wedding in Barberstown Castle not so long ago, and they had a barbeque in the courtyard!! Probably very expensive for a birthday party though!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jazzie

Think the Thatch in Ballymore Eustace have a barbeque area out the back and you can probably book out the old restaurant its closed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Have you thought of using a sports club? Most of them that have a clubhouse would have a function room with a bar, and I would think quite alot of them would have a bbq as well, or at least space for one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Spupotter

Clane GAA have two seperate bars & a hall with a bar. Plenty of room for BBQ as well 045 868577

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

This is my first post here so I'm a bit wary of giving a recommendation as such, however the Courtyard Hotel in Leixlip is a beautiful venue and they do have a barbeque (when the weather permits), but also have live music Thurs - Sun. Friends of mine have always been impressed whenever I've brought them there for their first visit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭millyj

Apparently Manzors Pub in Clane allow you to reserve the smoking area and they organise bbqs too.....I know a friends brother was getting married last year and the night before the wedding, they hired the area for a bbq.....

Advertisement