Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The laundry thread.

• 28-06-2008 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Any laundrey related questions you can ask here..

So if you have any issues regarding washing, ironing, drying clothes and removing stains ask me, I'm the expert.

You can also ask me about washing machines, you know the good and the bad, I could save you a fortune.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Can you tell Pighead how to remove the blood from his hands. The blood of a thousand corpses, killed before their time. Blood that seemed just like you'rs or Pigheads but blood that will not go away.

Oh and if you have anything for cum stains on socks that would be great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

How wierd, I was going to search the web today to find out how to remove blue ink from a white shirt (lousy fountain pen). I also have a guy coming to have a look at my washer dryer to see why it doesn't actually dry clothes, they come out cold and wet. Fire ahead Mr Expert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I cant iron to save my life I learned recently. Nothing I can do about it though ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Tex Diablo

Pighead wrote: »
    Can you tell Pighead how to remove the blood from his hands. The blood of a thousand corpses, killed before their time. Blood that seemed just like you'rs or Pigheads but blood that will not go away.

Oh and if you have anything for cum stains on socks that would be great as well.

Sorry,can't help with profound and deep rooted psychological problems,but if the socks are heavily cum-stained, steep them in some diluted bleach for about 2 hours,then stick them in the washer on a 60 degree wash and hey presto, brand new!

How wierd, I was going to search the web today to find out how to remove blue ink from a white shirt (lousy fountain pen). I also have a guy coming to have a look at my washer dryer to see why it doesn't actually dry clothes, they come out cold and wet. Fire ahead Mr Expert.

Lay the stained area on top of a clean dry white towel. Apply water to the ink stain and blot with another clean white cloth, removing the stain as you blot. Apply your normal liquid laundry detergent on to the ink stain and allow the garment to sit for 3-5 minutes.
    Wash in the warmest water that the fabric can tolerate.
    Dryer probably needs a new thermostat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Pighead wrote: »
    Nitric acid should do the trick.
    Same, with a bit of elbow grease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

How can I get Daz whites without using Daz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Right, well here is the dealeyo

I have a bad cold and the auld marathon nose that wont stop running..

Well to save on tissues i just use the sleeve.. Its been going grand but a builld up has started to occur.

How do i get the old crustyness off without clogging the machine

I also spilt some chloroform on my comfort blankie... it was an industrial accident, nothing sinster, i keep smelling it to see has it worn off but i fall asleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Tex Diablo wrote: »
    Lay the stained area on top of a clean dry white towel. Apply water to the ink stain and blot with another clean white cloth, removing the stain as you blot. Apply your normal liquid laundry detergent on to the ink stain and allow the garment to sit for 3-5 minutes.
    Wash in the warmest water that the fabric can tolerate.
    Dryer probably needs a new thermostat.

You should actually soak it it milk for a period of time, add neat detergent to it..and wash as normal :D:D:D:D

Sherifu wrote: »

Add dishwashing tablets to your wash..or neat white vinegar :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭binhead

Half load setting, cycle number ten. That makes my dickhead washer/dryer dry.

Pighead, only put on a half load when washing corpses, makes a great sound when they bounce around the machine, come out spick and span too.

wait..what was your question..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Where's Flut? I'm sure he's been touching cloth more than once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Have a big curry stain on the front of a nice blue woolly jumper from a slobbery take away after far too pints. What do i do to shift it?

The fcuking thing will only fit a midget if i wash it in the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Phuckmii

Can you come over and iron my shirts please?

LadyE wrote: »
    You should actually soak it it milk for a period of time, add neat detergent to it..and wash as normal :D:D:D:D

Hang on a minute,who's the bloody laundry expert around here?
    Me,that's who.Ifyou want to give advice about laundry start your own laundry thread!

Sherifu wrote: »

Buy a box of omo and a box of Daz,throw the omo in the bin and fill the empty box with Daz.Use as normal.

slideways wrote: »
    Right, well here is the dealeyo

I have a bad cold and the auld marathon nose that wont stop running..

Well to save on tissues i just use the sleeve.. Its been going grand but a builld up has started to occur.

How do i get the old crustyness off without clogging the machine

I also spilt some chloroform on my comfort blankie... it was an industrial accident, nothing sinster, i keep smelling it to see has it worn off but i fall asleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Soak it it milk for a period of time, add neat detergent to it..and hand wash as normal.

Have a big curry stain on the front of a nice blue woolly jumper from a slobbery take away after far too pints. What do i do to shift it?

The fcuking thing will only fit a midget if i wash it in the machine.

Nothing can be done for curry stains unfortunately.Throw it in the bin and buy a bib.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Do washing machines really live longer with Calgon?

wyndham wrote: »
    Do washing machines really live longer with Calgon?

Good question Wyndham.The answer is,yes they do.

• Advertisement

How come?

But the burning question is, do the cheapo ones work just as good?

Abigayle wrote: »
    How come?

But the burning question is, do the cheapo ones work just as good?

Calgon prevents calcite crystal growth,allowing the calcium to be maintained in a soluble form when the water passes through the machine thus preventing the build-up of scale, which eventually damages the macine.
    The cheapo ones don't work as well because they don't have as much of the main ingredient sodium hexametaphosphate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Listen here tex

I have your cunning plan figured out.

You're from the dairy board and it is all a scheme to get people using more milk.

You'lll have the feckin vegans trottin back to the shops buying milk to get carrot stains off their fair trade ponchos....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I hate doing laundry! Sometimes I will pre-soak my brain with a pint or two before loading the clothes into the washer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Hey Tex
    How do I go about cleaning a leather jacket?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

I got a tar-like substance on my lovely cream sweatshirt. I immediately treated the stain by pouring white spirits all over it and then throwing it in the washing machine. It came out lovely and clean but it stank of white spirits. I washed it 3 more times and now the jumper smells ok but the inside of my washing machine smells like white spirits! I don't want to wash any more clothes in there as I wish to avoid smelling like paint thinners at work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Can you tell me the difference between 'biological' and 'nonbiological' washing powders, in laymans terms? Is either 'better'?

Which is the 'best' washing product, I suspect they are all basically the same?

Cheers.

Washing powders are made from the byproducts of the petrochemical industry? Right?
    So are they going to start getting scarce too?
    Are we going to have to ration clean clothes?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Nitric acid should do the trick..
    Pfff...
    it's three parts Nitric acid to one part Hdrochloric acid if you want to do it properly

How long should an un-married mother be kept in a Magdalene Laundry ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I have black marks on the back of my white T-shirt, it could be oil, anything to take it out? Normal washing doesn't work...

Pfff...
    it's three parts Nitric acid to one part Hdrochloric acid if you want to do it properly
    Well, I dont think we've seen Pighead since my version. But I'll make a note of it ;)

Tex Diablo wrote: »
    Hang on a minute,who's the bloody laundry expert around here?
    Me,that's who.Ifyou want to give advice about laundry start your own laundry thread!

My bad :/

But you really should be giving the correct advice

/runs and hides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My Oh, has a habit of gypping into his socks, Then he rolls them into a ball and leaves them in the laundry basket....

He rolls all of his socks this way before he throws them in the basket, and it is time consuming for me to unroll them...

My question is, If I dont unroll the socks will the gyp wash out of them?

Quality

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Quality wrote: »
    My Oh, has a habit of gypping into his socks, Then he rolls them into a ball and leaves them in the laundry basket....

He rolls all of his socks this way before he throws them in the basket, and it is time consuming for me to unroll them...

Quality
    You could just give him a blowjob instead of forcing him to use a sock to **** into. Everyone's a winner then, he gets a blowjob and you have less laundry to do.

Umm. you dont have to wear them? ;)

It beggars the question though Quality, how comes you're not puttin' out?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

You could just give him a blowjob instead of forcing him to use a sock to **** into. Everyone's a winner then, he gets a blowjob and you have less laundry to do.
    Umm. you dont have to wear them? ;)

It beggars the question though Quality, how comes you're not puttin' out?

:D

He has a foot fetish...

Are you guys happy now... :o

He has a foot fetish...

Are you guys happy now... :o

So long as he doesnt have a foot fungus you are flyin' :pac:

Good call AC. But if the girl had he rwits about her, she wouldnt be the one doing the laundry ;)

Teh sex makes teh rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Same, with a bit of elbow grease.

Its the elbow grease that got them there in the first place :p

Its the elbow grease that got them there in the first place :p

I like the cut of your jib DS :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

quiet the dashing young go-getter isn't he

• Advertisement

longshanks wrote: »
    quiet the dashing young go-getter isn't he

Shhhh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I have a challenging one.

I have a few shirts ruined, washed several times but the stains aren't coming out and I was hoping after finding this thread in AH :confused: that you can all figure it out.
    The stains are lithium grease (basically a black grease), varnish/woodstain and black automotive paint, all on the three shirts, one white, one grey, and the third a mystery colour(I cant remember tbfh).

Fire ahead Tex and his young pretenders :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I know someone who REALLY loves to do laundry!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

Can you tell me how to get perspiration smells out of my clothes? I wear a shirt to work every day and even though I use a bio detergent, my shirts never come out of the machine smelling completely fresh. I've tried bread soda with vinegar (was a little explosive) and I've tried lemon juice but nothing seems to work. Can you give me any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Do women really get pleasured by sitting on the dryer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I have these special overalls that are covered in blood, what's the best way to get rid of all traces of of it? Same re car upholstery. And carpet in boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭cml387

I have a challenging one.

I have a few shirts ruined, washed several times but the stains aren't coming out and I was hoping after finding this thread in AH :confused: that you can all figure it out.
    The stains are lithium grease (basically a black grease), varnish/woodstain and black automotive paint, all on the three shirts, one white, one grey, and the third a mystery colour(I cant remember tbfh).

Fire ahead Tex and his young pretenders :D

Either you go to some interesting parties,or you actually do hard work for a living.

I would suggest using the clothes to start a fire.

I tried the Persil Care line, but they hung up on me.

cml387 wrote: »
    Either you go to some interesting parties,or you actually do hard work for a living.

I would suggest using the clothes to start a fire.
    Brilliant. Who needs the Persil Care line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭cml387

"Random trivia: In order to combat the fact that clothing gradually turns yellow as fibres are damaged, modern laundry detergents contain dyes which fluoresce blue under ultraviolet light. The "bluey whiteness" really is exactly that!"

Taken from a google search.

• Advertisement
Advertisement