Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The laundry thread.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

how do I stop my dog from robbing me tights straight out of the dryer? I've told him over and over that he needs to buy his own but he doesn't listen. The bastard always ladders them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

phasers wrote: »
    how do I stop my dog from robbing me tights straight out of the dryer? I've told him over and over that he needs to buy his own but he doesn't listen. The bastard always ladders them too.
    I know this one.
    Kick in the nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭cml387

phasers wrote: »

A thread about laundry leads inevitably to a transvestite dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Johro wrote: »
    I have these special overalls that are covered in blood, what's the best way to get rid of all traces of of it? Same re car upholstery. And carpet in boot.

You ain't got no problem, Johro. I'm on the mother****er. Go back in there, chill them n*ggers out and wait for the Wolf who should be coming directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I still believe that Tex will return someday and answer my laundry question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

HungryFish wrote: »
    Can you tell me how to get perspiration smells out of my clothes? I wear a shirt to work every day and even though I use a bio detergent, my shirts never come out of the machine smelling completely fresh. I've tried bread soda with vinegar (was a little explosive) and I've tried lemon juice but nothing seems to work. Can you give me any tips?

Soak the item in bio detergent and rub rub rub, then wash as normal. There are 2 reasons for the smell not coming out - crappy washing detergent or your deodorant is clinging to the clothes, resulting in smell clinging to the clothes (get the excess deodorant off and get the smell off!). If you are concerned about "fresh" smelling clothes, dry them outside on the line or use fabric conditioner (I personally don't, but it will give your clothes a nicer smell).
    Hermy wrote: »
    Hey Tex
    How do I go about cleaning a leather jacket?

Saddle soap - get it in equine shops, giant bar and will last you ages. Use it on leather couches all the time (and have done on jackets) and works fantastically.
    boogle wrote: »
    I got a tar-like substance on my lovely cream sweatshirt. I immediately treated the stain by pouring white spirits all over it and then throwing it in the washing machine. It came out lovely and clean but it stank of white spirits. I washed it 3 more times and now the jumper smells ok but the inside of my washing machine smells like white spirits! I don't want to wash any more clothes in there as I wish to avoid smelling like paint thinners at work...

Hottest wash setting, empty, with vinegar and bio detergent in the drawer and drum. Also, if you put the white spirits into the drawer - take it out and clean it.
    Can you tell me the difference between 'biological' and 'nonbiological' washing powders, in laymans terms? Is either 'better'?

Which is the 'best' washing product, I suspect they are all basically the same?

Cheers.

Biological detergent has enzymes in it to break down biological stains (eg. blood) while non bio does not have these enzymes. Some people, particularly younger kids, can have an reaction to these enzymes which is why often people and children with sensitive skin need to use non bio.

"best" product - matter of opinion, some products have a high level of brighteners (to get those whites white!), surfactants (sh!t to make it foam and get dirt out of clothes) blah blah blah. Personally, I find Ariel the best all round detergent but to each their own. I can tell you they are not all the same - it's essentially a bell curve, few are really cap/amazing while the rest are all in the middle. Also [tip alert] - the hotter the water temperature you wash your clothes at, the cleaner they will be (but always follow the instructions on clothes or they will shrink like a mother fu*ker and never wash protein stains at hot temperatures, always cool).

Boom

Boom
    Well said.

I still believe that Tex will return someday and answer my laundry question.
    http://www.ocado.com/catalog/images-hires/17298011_H.jpg?identifier=38732407d38373b7309faf59f44d34ec

Advertisement