Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blizzards Announces - Diablo 3

Options
  • 28-06-2008 10:34am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, so its not confirmed, but given this handbook that Blizzard are handing out at the moment...
    diabloiiisp4.jpg
    ...i'm willing to bet my right nut that it is. We'll know for sure in the next hour though, so i'll update you all then.

Should know any minute now, although, apparently, a German journalist caught a glimpse of the teleprompter, saying "Introducing the lead designer of Diablo 3" or something like that. Currently, they are playing the Barrens music from WoW over the speakers. Useless fact of the thread right there.

Diablo 3 - Confirmed...sweeet. Oh, theres apparently a nice cinematic, as well a very polished looking demo, that he is actually playing on stage. (i cant see any of this, as im in work). Also, a nice wallpaper for anyone who wants it. http://i.servut.us/i/diablo3.png

Official Site: http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Teaser Trailer here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/06/28/diablo-iii/

Ignoring the clichéd voiceover, those guys sure know how to do fantastic cutscenes.
    Pity there is no gameplay video, but I'm sure that'll come.

Edit, never mind, I just looked at their official website. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

If its as fast as 1 and 2 im sold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

awesome. i cant wait.

Thats a nice long gameplay video on the official site. That last boss was excellent (and its death animation was superb). Looks like a top notch game. Could be the first PC game I buy since I got my 360 last August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Game play trailer is great, I love the hp/mp spheres already, will really speed up the game. What wow should have been.

Me runs off to play some Lord of Destruction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/index.xml

BARBARIAN AND WITCH DOCTOR CONFIRMED!

I cant bloomin wait like ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

This is going to be great!

They should port it though to 360 and PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

mcgovern wrote: »

They should port it though to 360 and PS3.

Get out !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Words can't describe how much I want this!

/foams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

That last boss ripped one of the players heads off! Awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

looks cool but i've never played diablo before... nor does it grab me in the same way starcraft did/will/does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Oh wow. Yes! I am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

awesome!!!now i am highly pleased i just got my 8800gs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

im happy to find this, im the worlds biggest diablo fan so yeah... BRING IT ON !!!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Great news but hardly a surprise. Strangely underwhelmed by the screenshots though. Never mind, I'm sure this will rock. I love the polish Blizzard apply to their games. Second to none really.

Watch the videos, Max. Screenshots do it no justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DO WANT. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

No word yet on on how many players can play together simultaneously?

[EDIT] Seems they haven't yet decided on a multiplayer cap. The number 8 has been mentioned, followed by "we've had the most fun with smaller groups".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Woot ! Hopefully it will run on me macbook as I really want to kill ArenaNet now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Phototoxin wrote: »
    Woot ! Hopefully it will run on me macbook as I really want to kill ArenaNet now..

Pretty sure it was announced for Windows and mac os

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Looks absolutley Savage! Chances are it won't be released for aaaaaages though!
    What a super time to have ordered a new PC! I'll be busy with Conan, The Liche King and Diablo soon after! :D

Ahhh it's great to be 30!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I may have missed it if it was mentioned somewhere before, but has it been said if the levels are randomly generated? That was one of the things I loved about Diablo, but considering the detail of the levels in the video, it's looking more and more like the levels are always the same. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

humanji wrote: »
    I may have missed it if it was mentioned somewhere before, but has it been said if the levels are randomly generated?

According to Wikipedia:

An enhanced quest system is stated to work in conjunction with a random level generator to ensure the game provides different experiences when replayed. A random encounter generator is planned to further increase this. Overall, the game will include a mixture of static and randomly generated levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Woohoo!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Mr E wrote: »
    Watch the videos, Max. Screenshots do it no justice.

Yeah you're right there :) Videos look good actually.

Do want, moar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Maximilian wrote: »
    Yeah you're right there :) Videos look good actually.

Do want, moar.

Yes, that video looked really nice when I saw it on the giant screens in paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Looks pretty and very fast paced. Out by Christmas? It seems to be fairly far along in developement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I posted this in the thread in the WoW forum, so apologies if its been seen before. But its a fairly cool first glimpse at the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwtL2o1apn4

Good to rely on Blizzard to bring the goods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It's been in development for 4-5 years, and usually when blizzard announces a title there's a safe bet it will be out in the next 12 months.

Also, WALL OF ZOMBIES.....thats fúckin genius :eek::D

CC

Advertisement