Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

used exhaust

Options
  • 28-06-2008 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

My exhaust is starting to blow so I had it checked out. Centre box is gone and the back boxes are borderline.

'98 A6 2.8 V6. No listing from Bosal. Main dealer only he reckons- don't expect much change from a grand.

What do you think about locating one used?

Is there no other manufacturers that might make a replacement?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Little chance of finding a used one, and even if you did it could fail tomorrow.

Do a search for a stainless steel replacement. Fit and forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

OMFG, €1,100 for a centrebox and 2 backboxes from a stealer. No cats or electrics, just silencers.

'98 A6 2.8 Quattro (ACK engine). Bosal don't do them. I've tried OTTO, a few exhaust centres and a couple of old hackey motor factors to no avail.

What would you do next if you were me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Get one made? There are places that will make up an exhaust for you out of kits. Not sure how good they are & they are probably more aimed at the "sporty" boy racer end of the market. You never know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

this probably isn't what you're looking for but I'll throw it out there anyway

http://shop.strato.de/epages/61517062.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61517062/Products/1004120116

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I reckon I could source a s/s complete system for maybe €750.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

have you tried the scrap yards yet? I needed a back box for my integra, honda wanted €800 with an 8 week wait I got one within 3 days for €130, just have to do alot of ringing around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I reckon I could source a s/s complete system for maybe €750.

Do you mean a performance/ loud exhaust, HF3?? I'd go down that road if I could keep my precious quietness:D

this probably isn't what you're looking for but I'll throw it out there anyway

http://shop.strato.de/epages/6151706...cts/1004120116

That's not it. It looks to be the right listing but there seems to be no mufflers on the end??

cantdecide wrote: »
    Do you mean a performance/ loud exhaust, HF3?? I'd go down that road if I could keep my precious quietness:D

Not loud at all. I know a place in the UK who will build a system for any car.

Being stainless steel it'll never rust either.

• Advertisement

Hmmmmmmmm!! I've just been given a link to the Walker exhausts website who appear to have it. If I keep drawing a blank, I could easily see myself going with the stainless option.

In the meantime, tell me more dear friend....

I just fitted one (twin box and no cat) to a classic car I have. Sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

cantdecide wrote: »
    That's not it. It looks to be the right listing but there seems to be no mufflers on the end??

sorry, I tried :(

Advertisement