Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo 2008

• 28-06-2008 12:03pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The Annual Exhibition of the Dublin Camera Club "PHOTO 2008" opens next Tuesday.

PHOTO 2008 runs from July 1 to August 8, 10am to 6pm Daily.

It's on at the Dublin City Library in Pearse Street (100 metres from the Dart Station) & admission is free.

There are over 250 prints from all levels in the club.

If you are in Dublin then maybe come along & have a look. This year there is some quite good work on display, but the selection panel did try to make it representative of the whole club. Every member who submitted work has at least one image on display.

Comments & criticism is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

CabanSail wrote: »
    The Annual Exhibition of the Dublin Camera Club "PHOTO 2008" opens next Tuesday.

PHOTO 2008 runs from July 1 to August 8, 10am to 6pm Daily.

It's on at the Dublin City Library in Pearse Street (100 metres from the Dart Station) & admission is free.

There are over 250 prints from all levels in the club.

If you are in Dublin then maybe come along & have a look. This year there is some quite good work on display, but the selection panel did try to make it representative of the whole club. Every member who submitted work has at least one image on display.

Comments & criticism is welcome.

Will there be an chance to talk to the people that took the photos at any stage? Im sure i'm goign to go but i'd love to go when they are all there too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Will there be an chance to talk to the people that took the photos at any stage? Im sure i'm goign to go but i'd love to go when they are all there too.

Not really. The only time the Club will be there is at the official opening, which is next Tuesday night. (PM me if you want details)

However, there will be catalogues available at the exhibition & you could then come along to a Club Meeting on a Tuesday night & seek out the particular photographer you would like to talk to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

CabanSail wrote: »
    ...... This year there is some quite good work on display.......

Is that to suggest in previous years there wasn't ? :D

Where on Pearse St is the Library. Is it close to that building that was renovated which I think is called The Academy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It's about 100 metres to the East of the Dart Station.

This year is the first time I have put forward any of my photo's LOL

We had the opening last night & it went very well.

The Exhibition in now open to the public from 10am to 6pm Daily.

The Number 3 Bus stops directly opposite the Library if that is of any help.

• Advertisement

Has anyone been along to have a look at Photo 2008 yet?

Would be interested to hear some feedback.

Advertisement