Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find cardboard boxes?

Options
  • 28-06-2008 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hiya,
    Just realised I need to move very soon but am at a loss: where could I buy or grab cardboard boxes in City Centre? Tried to search the forum but did not find any answer.
    Any input much appreciated. Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Parisian wrote: »
    Hiya,
    Just realised I need to move very soon but am at a loss: where could I buy or grab cardboard boxes in City Centre? Tried to search the forum but did not find any answer.
    Any input much appreciated. Regards.

The is a Filipino Store in Middle Abbey Street, (opp Penny's) "Alto Store". they do some nice strong cardboard boxes, or at least they did last christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Call into tescos and ask, they will keep some for you or tell you what day to call in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Parisian

Thanks for the tips. About supermarkets: apparently, nowadays, they recycle the boxes as soon as they unpackage them, they do not keep them in store for any time. Some of them told me to show up in the morning for delivery time, one of them (Dunnes) told me that they would rather recycle the boxes than hand them out.
    I would still be interested in addresses in Dublin where I could buy or grab carboard boxes. Thanks to the posters above.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

The cheapest/easiest/free way to get any amount of cardboard boxes is...

Walk around the streets off Grafton Street, the ones leading to Dawson street and the streets surrounding there, where there are shops.
    As far as I remember bin day is Friday evenings, the shops put out their cardboard boxes, flattened and tied in a bale.
    When they close, walk by, take the boxes you want..
    Be sure not to take one with the bin tag on it cos that stealing.

If you work in an office? File boxes are very very strong, 'acquire' a few..
    Supermarkets are no good any more for boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The cheapest/easiest/free way to get any amount of cardboard boxes is...

Walk around the streets off Grafton Street, the ones leading to Dawson street and the streets surrounding there, where there are shops.
    As far as I remember bin day is Friday evenings, the shops put out their cardboard boxes, flattened and tied in a bale.
    When they close, walk by, take the boxes you want..
    Be sure not to take one with the bin tag on it cos that stealing.

If you work in an office? File boxes are very very strong, 'acquire' a few..
    Supermarkets are no good any more for boxes.

I work in a shop on Grafton Street. We leave cardbord boxes out for collection each weekday. All you have to do is walk into the shop and ask the manager if you can take some of the cardbord boxes that are being left out for collection, shouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement