Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Broadband on Vista?

• 28-06-2008 2:32pm

Hey, not too sure if this is the right section for this question but here goes:

I have a PC with Vista on it, i hadn't got a clue how to set it up when i first got it (set up my internet connection on this pc with vista) so i rang them and they helped me do it.

Anyway, I have a laptop here with me that also has vista, and i ould like to get on the net using that but can't remember how to set up my internet connection, sadly.

So what im wondering is, can anyone tell me how to set up my Irish Broadband Interweb connection on a laptop with Vista?

I know it can be done, and its not too tough, but i just haven't got a clue where to start as i only ever did it once and was being talked through it as i did it.

(Also, this is my friends laptop, if i set up my internet info on it, it wont affect him when he goes to get another Internet Provider will it?
    i assume my Irish Broadband details can be erased?

Thanks to anyone who can help out at all :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

vista should recognise when a working network cable is plugged into the pc, if its wireless, right click the network logo down in the tray near the clock and click "connect to a network" and follow the instructions from there

daftdave wrote: »
    vista should recognise when a working network cable is plugged into the pc, if its wireless, right click the network logo down in the tray near the clock and click "connect to a network" and follow the instructions from there

No, it doesnt seem interested in working unless i manually set it up. Maybe its just Irish Broadband being odd or something, but i know i have to set it all up myself.

I stick the wire in the side, pick connect to a network and it says there are no networks conncted :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

No, it doesnt seem interested in working unless i manually set it up. Maybe its just Irish Broadband being odd or something, but i know i have to set it all up myself.

I stick the wire in the side, pick connect to a network and it says there are no networks conncted :(
    Make sure your network card drivers are installed and enabled, as said your network should be picked up straight away

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

yoyo wrote: »
    Make sure your network card drivers are installed and enabled, as said your network should be picked up straight away

Nick

your network adapter settings you will find if you go to control panel, go to device manager and network adapter,right click it and ensure that it is working properly and has the latest driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'm assuming that you mean IBB's breeze product and not the ripwave and that you don't have a wireless router.

If this is the case, IBB assigns a static ip address, so in order to get online, you'll have to configure the network settings manually (i.e. ip address, subnet, dns server etc). If you do this, chances are your friend will have to reconfigure it to get it working with his own network.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement

irlrobins wrote: »
    I'm assuming that you mean IBB's breeze product and not the ripwave and that you don't have a wireless router.

If this is the case, IBB assigns a static ip address, so in order to get online, you'll have to configure the network settings manually (i.e. ip address, subnet, dns server etc). If you do this, chances are your friend will have to reconfigure it to get it working with his own network.

Hope this helps

Thats the one!

And he got his own internet connection sorted out now anyway.

I gave up after a while of trying.

This can be locked now, but thank you to everyone who offered their help :)

Advertisement