Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DISCOUNT ON COMMERCIAL

Options
  • 28-06-2008 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Guys just a quick question, am looking at getting a commerical discovery from a main land rover garage. How much discount should i be looking at. Also should i buy from a garage or uk.has anyone brought over a jeep from uk and took the seats out.Is there a huge saving?

Also what companies in ireland do the conversion?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon €2500 or so would be about right, maybe more as things are slow enough with builders not buying them as much as before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I reckon €2500 or so would be about right, maybe more as things are slow enough with builders not buying them as much as before.

Thanks for the reply, does anyone here work in land rover so can give me discount figures :)

Colm i will let you know how i get on.will know by the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

discount figures ?? do a bit of work yerself.... check on the english car sites for the specific model you like then usethat against the dealer as he is the only one who can lose out...

if he dont like it, go onto the next dealer.

and yes, everyone does that ( ripping the seats out, all metal rear doors ) , vrt on commericals till next month is 50 euro so even going north can be cheaper then here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Ah lads,

How can you go giving a discount figure when the OP hasn't even told you WHAT disco he's looking at, the specs and the asking price?

What is it? Mk1/Mk2, 'LR3' etc. Mileage? Full service history? Warranty or not? Who's the dealer? (Very relevant if you want to know how likely they are to discount heavily!)...

How much are they asking? Are you buying for cash or trading something in?

With regard to importing and converting, you can't really do it yourself to be honest....They'll want to see the seatbelt mounting points welded up, a full length metal floor (not just rivetted alloy checker plate) and bulkhead welded in etc when you go to VRT it. DIY conversions are generally not popular or readily accepted.

There's a lot more to this than meets the eye. And certainly a lot more to it than saying "everyone does that"....

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Gil Dub is right.......MORE INFO REQD!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I presumed he was looking at a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

yes i am looking for brand new, the 2.7 version commercial

i am looking for leather, bluetooth and automatic

i will be in uk next week so will have a look from there, would it only be buying from there and then 2000 (approx ) to remove seats and 50 for vrt and usual expenses for going and coming back. is there vat on the purchase?

Advertisement