Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VCP Cert Exam

Options
  • 28-06-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Has anyone sat this exam recently. I'm sitting it in about a month and was wondering how you found it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I think the user Jaoibh has that cert.. might want to ask him when he turns up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I'm also interested in more info on this.

I'm also wondering where is the best place to do the training in Ireland (preferably the cheapest also). I'm very familiar with it and it's really not that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I did mine in Commtech.

About the test - do you know if there are any esx-cfg questions? Is it mainly on the student manual you get on the Install & Config course.

Thanks!

How much did the training set you back ... if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I am going to do the training here in a few weeks they told me it costs about 2400 euro and i think that includes doing the exam

• Advertisement

peterk19 wrote: »
    I am going to do the training here in a few weeks they told me it costs about 2400 euro and i think that includes doing the exam

Thats very reasonable!

Thats a good price - i paid just a bit more then that and had to pay for the exam too.

Keedowah wrote: »
    Thats a good price - i paid just a bit more then that and had to pay for the exam too.

Have you found VCP to benefit you much career/salary wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

Hey I've sat the course it cost the company 2600 for the course and then I've plans to get through the Exam before the year is up.

You cant sit the exam unless you've completed the course. Its not hard anyway VMware is the future and this course is really worth doing.

Also look at some Storage courses they go hand in hand

Actually my exam was today - I passed it.

I am doing it for the company I work for - so not sure how it will help me for my career. Love the stuff.

Jaoibh - what storage courses have you done - i'd like to take some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

Well done on passing your Exam!!

Keedowah: I did the Dell Storage and Dell Data Protection courses both are really cool. Great stuff in them gives you start to finish of the navosphere manager. (pretty sure I spelt that right :-) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The chap who works with me got it. Very useful considering how popular the technology is.

Fascinating stuff to work with.

I believe he did it with Commtech also.

Advertisement