Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum - Kryogen Banning

Options
  • 28-06-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Hate to be doing this , bring Soccer matters out of the forum. Anyways Kryogen was banned today for going a little crazy in a post replying to my posts. It seemed like I was goading the lad, and he took offense to it and got angered. I didnt mean for him to get angered by my posts, and I feel responsible for him losing the head and getting banned. Just hoping he can be shown some leniency in this situation.

Again my apologies for bringing this out in to feedback as I know how much people hate seeing these threads pop up about the soccer forum, just wanted to express my apologies , and hope Kryogens ban is overturned soon.

Will
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

thanks Will, but after the post i acknowledge that i definatly deserve a ban! just hope its not permanent thats all

again, i would like to publicly apologies for the moment of madness i had

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

kryogen wrote: »
    thanks Will, but after the post i acknowledge that i definatly deserve a ban! just hope its not permanent thats all

again, i would like to publicly apologies for the moment of madness i had
    Respect for owning up.

It did deserve a banning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

This thread makes me feel all warm on the inside.

Respect to the two of you for apoligising .o>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Deserved and accepted! Going to have to do the time on this one!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

agree 100%

damn my hotheadedness :mad:

and seriously big respect to Van Zuylen, i dont know if id be so understanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

This thread makes me feel all warm on the inside.

Respect to the two of you for apoligising .o>

It would be warmer, fuzzier and far more heroic if he offered himself in exchange for kryogen's freedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If it makes anyone feel better or worse, I'm setting the ban at a month. Which is shorter than I'd initially considered, given the post.

PSI wrote: »
    If it makes anyone feel better or worse, I'm setting the ban at a month. Which is shorter than I'd initially considered, given the post.

thanks psi

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

PSI wrote: »

You're goin soft! :p

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You're goin soft! :p

dude!

helping or hurting? helping or hurting! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Well done for apologising Kryogen and taking your ban and kudos to PSI for only giving Kryogen a month long ban rather than a much longer one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

I think a months ban is pretty harsh in fairness.

2 weeks would seem to fit the crime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

internet+football=serious business

serious.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

pvt.joker wrote: »
    I think a months ban is pretty harsh in fairness.

2 weeks would seem to fit the crime.
    And yet your opinion is worth very little at all pvt. Thanks for it all the same.

Kryo, Cruijiff, fair play, nice to see that, reminds me of fowler standing up for seaman after the penalty decision back in the day. Think that the ban is fair myself, could easily have been a lot longer

And yet your opinion is worth very little at all pvt. Thanks for it all the same.

Petty , however I would expect nothing less coming from you :rolleyes:

And for what it's worth, I don't think your opinion is worth a toss either

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Even the banned user has admitted the post was pretty nasty and isn't complaining about the length of the sentence. Looks like you're just trolling kaizersose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

31e3342575390f3e4402a1cb02aae50e.jpg

javaboy wrote: »
    Even the banned user has admitted the post was pretty nasty and isn't complaining about the length of the sentence. Looks like you're just trolling kaizersose.

What ?? How am I trolling. I just said the ban appears harsh, based on my experience with other forums and lengths of bans there.
    If the banned user is happy to accept a 1 month ban then that's fine.
    I was just giving my opinion. I stand by the mods decision, but if it's kryogen's first offense, then it seems a tad harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Based on your experience how many people have been let off with less than a bloody big ban for a post like that ? Regardless of first second offence, user was abusive and then basically waved a big pair of fingers at the mods/admins when saying that they do not care if they are banned or not.

Fair play to kryo as has already been said, he was way out of line and he has accepted his ban, your input adds little, that is what I was highlighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,351 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

One opinion carries some weight behind it (and can make stuff happen) the other does not. I'll leave it to you to figure which is which.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Why this thread is still going on i dont know, the two so called offenders have appologized.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    One opinion carries some weight behind it (and can make stuff happen) the other does not. I'll leave it to you to figure which is which.

Sorry, who are you?

Based on your experience how many people have been let off with less than a bloody big ban for a post like that ? Regardless of first second offence, user was abusive and then basically waved a big pair of fingers at the mods/admins when saying that they do not care if they are banned or not.

Fair play to kryo as has already been said, he was way out of line and he has accepted his ban, your input adds little, that is what I was highlighting.

Fair point, I think the fact he added the part at the end saying that a ban would be well worth the post, added to the severity of the ban.
    That's a big no no.

Carry on.

i knew when i was posting it a ban would be following,

i am happy i havent been perma banned tbh, the month may just kill me though! a month without the soccer forum will be very hard.........weird as that may sound

i cant take the post back now

i will just say to my mates in the soccer forum, i will be back! ;)

ill ask psi for parole in about 3 weeks! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

kryogen wrote: »
    i am happy i havent been perma banned tbh, the month may just kill me though! a month without the soccer forum will be very hard.........weird as that may sound

Euros are over, the PL doesn't start back until August, if any month is the month to miss it's July...:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement