Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poker

Options
  • 28-06-2008 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi all my friend won $1,600 online and we have always split winnings so we played heads up and put money into my acc as he was away this week {first time we done this }now both our accounts have been suspended .. anyone got any advice for us ...would b greatly recived.. ty :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Which company was it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

what site?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

So you broke the site rules (this would be against the rules on any site) and they suspend your account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dollers98@hotma

ladbrokes..didnt know it was against rules

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

:rolleyes:

Email them or ring them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I'd say your fcuked, I dumped a m8 1k about two years ago on HU tables and both accounts were permanently closed and we lost all cash in both accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

What did support say when you explained the situation to them.

have spoked to them and they wanted id sent through which we did and we explained situ to em ... can they keep our money

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Dumping is seriously against every networks rules so I wouldnt hold out much hope of getting the funds back.But I would call them, as they are on their own network they may be give you the benefit of the doubt.

• Advertisement

have spoked to them and they wanted id sent through which we did and we explained situ to em ... can they keep our money

well i did it on william hill and never got it back, I also know someone who did something similar recently on bodog and looks like they have lost there funds as well. but maybe you can get lucky and find a sympathetic ear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

While chip dumping is against T's & C's, the fact that you've already contacted them and they are conversing, is a positive sign. While nicnicnic seems to think you're off to Guantanamo IMO you could just as well get a slap on the wrist and a 'Dont do it again!'.

thanks all ...much apprec

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

newbie2 wrote: »
    While chip dumping is against T's & C's, the fact that you've already contacted them and they are conversing, is a positive sign. While nicnicnic seems to think you're off to Guantanamo IMO you could just as well get a slap on the wrist and a 'Dont do it again!'.

Guantanamo is too good for someone at this crack. Tarred, feathered and then drowned is the answer.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Guantanamo is too good for someone at this crack. Tarred, feathered and then drowned is the answer.

if people do this on a HU table its no different then a player to player transfer and many sites don't offer that option

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

nicnicnic wrote: »
    well i did it on william hill and never got it back, I also know someone who did something similar recently on bodog and looks like they have lost there funds as well. but maybe you can get lucky and find a sympathetic ear

Was the bodog chip dumping after the tournament down in Tower?

After all the talk of it being so hard to withdraw from bodog, I found it v easy. Had the $ back on my credit card 3 days after requesting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

It's highly against T&C's because it would be possible to use this mechanism for Money Laundering. I'd be suprised if you got your money back, TBH but I'm sure it is possible, although difficult.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Was the bodog chip dumping after the tournament down in Tower?

After all the talk of it being so hard to withdraw from bodog, I found it v easy. Had the $ back on my credit card 3 days after requesting it.

yeah someone won 1k in that freeroll but had no deposit/withdrawal options available to them so dumped the monies to a mate who had a CC registered with bodog. I think Adam has been trying to sort it out but I dont think they will get the money, hope I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

nicnicnic wrote: »
    if people do this on a HU table its no different then a player to player transfer and many sites don't offer that option

When I first started playing online I had an account which someone got into and played with all my money on a heads up table against a buddy of theirs. I knew something was up as I could not log in and contacted support and they kept telling me I was logged in. After weeks of going back and forth they still would not accept that my account was broken into, but eventually they decided to give me an amount of money which was just shy of what had been stolen from my account, but still would not admit that any wrong doing had occured.
    All I wanted from them at the time was the name of the owner of the account that had 'won' my money on the hu cash table. They would not give me that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

All I wanted from them at the time was the name of the owner of the account that had 'won' my money on the hu cash table. They would not give me that information.

If you were looking for their screen name, I'm not totally surprised they wouldn't provide the HH, though i think some sites will. But if you were looking for their real name, there's 0 chance of any site providing that.

• Advertisement

When I first started playing online I had an account which someone got into and played with all my money on a heads up table against a buddy of theirs. I knew something was up as I could not log in and contacted support and they kept telling me I was logged in. After weeks of going back and forth they still would not accept that my account was broken into, but eventually they decided to give me an amount of money which was just shy of what had been stolen from my account, but still would not admit that any wrong doing had occured.

if someone got into your stars account they could just transfer the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

to be honest i haVE dumped money a few times to friends and back when i was short of money .

i have had never had any problem from it but if the site tried to take my money they would be hearing from my garda rep for theft . i just cant see how they have the right to take your money .

now they could close your account and refund all moneys and barr ye but not they your money as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

corkie123 wrote: »
    to be honest i haVE dumped money a few times to friends and back when i was short of money .

i have had never had any problem from it but if the site tried to take my money they would be hearing from my garda rep for theft . i just cant see how they have the right to take your money .

now they could close your account and refund all moneys and barr ye but not they your money as well

They are perfectly within their right to do so as it's against the terms and conditions you agreed to abide by.

I recently had €3k confiscated for dumping it sucks but the money is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

1. I would never be dumb enough to do this.

2. If a site took $1000+ and refused to return it, I'd go absolutely insane and probably firebomb their HQ. To me that's absolute ****ing theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭POKERKING

do most sites not offer p2p??anyone ever had any joy of getting large sums back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

Samba wrote: »
    They are perfectly within their right to do so as it's against the terms and conditions you agreed to abide by.

I recently had €3k confiscated for dumping it sucks but the money is gone.

no they dont have any right to take your money and really u must be a fool to let them take your money .

now im not been a dick in calling u a fool but i feel that u should not have let that happen to u . barr u from site maybe but they have to give u your money back . its called theft otherwise .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Lol @ people thinking the gardai have any say over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

corkie123 wrote: »
    no they dont have any right to take your money and really u must be a fool to let them take your money .

now im not been a dick in calling u a fool but i feel that u should not have let that happen to u . barr u from site maybe but they have to give u your money back . its called theft otherwise .

Yeah I agree with you but I had no other alternative,it's a long story....in short I had to dump the funds over due to the use of a French address opening the account for which I could provide no documentation, had i not requested a withdrawal i would have gotten away with it.

Online companies unfortunately do have every right as per their terms and conditions of use to suspend your account and freeze your balance.
    I'd be interested to know how you think you might go about retrieving money if the situation ever arose (even through an entirely different incident).

If you are deemed to be in breach of cardinal terms and conditions you run a very high risk of never seeing your money again. Granted some sites will take a leniant view under certain circumstances but others simply will not. There is no law under which you can pursue any legal action from Ireland. You could take action in the poker rooms jurisdiction but this would be costly and would come with a small success rate.

I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

What's the story with having duplicate accounts? Will you also lose your dosh if you get caught?

• Advertisement

Tight Ted wrote: »
    What's the story with having duplicate accounts? Will you also lose your dosh if you get caught?

might get a sponsorship deal

Advertisement