Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Grant Forms

Options
  • 28-06-2008 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

where do i get these. are they online?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi Tom

I tried searching online and all I got was a sample of the form. I contacted my local VEC and they referred me to the County Council. I rang the girl up on Thurs and she had the form for me out to me in the post on Fri. Excellent service.

Sorry about that Tim!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

thanks!

I managed to find an online one before for this year, but since it's around 18 pages and the VECs send them out quickly you should save your money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

I got in contact with my local VEC to ask them to send out an application form and I was told that they wouldn't be sending them out until August. This seems quite late to me but I assumed that this would be the case for all application forms. Does anyone know if this is the case?

• Advertisement

The Saint wrote: »
    I got in contact with my local VEC to ask them to send out an application form and I was told that they wouldn't be sending them out until August. This seems quite late to me but I assumed that this would be the case for all application forms. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Hi

I rang my local VEC on Thurs and they referred me to the County Council. No probs on my side as I got through to her on Thurs. She said she would have it for me in the post that evening and I got it on Fri morning. That is a bit odd regarding your application. Mine was with Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Hey,
    I just called the Dublin City VEC and I was told that there was a delay with the accomanying booklet and that the application forms shouldn't have been sent out without it. They said that they knew that some areas sent out application forms anyway. This is probably why you got yours and I didn't get mine. They said it would be sent out around the begining of August. Bit short notice but whatever...
    DenMan wrote: »
    Hi

I rang my local VEC on Thurs and they referred me to the County Council. No probs on my side as I got through to her on Thurs. She said she would have it for me in the post that evening and I got it on Fri morning. That is a bit odd regarding your application. Mine was with Sligo.

Just in case anyone is looking for the forms (for information purposes only - as has been said contact your Council / VEC and they'll send one out) see below:

Form: http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1212050661/2008_09_grant_application_form.pdf
    Notes: http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1212050676/2008_09_grant_notes.pdf

Thanks for that Myth. Did your mates survey for Thesis.

Advertisement