Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on UPC broadband service and installation

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Skidmcmarx wrote: »
    Is there any extra charge on the 10mb package i.e. They say 30e a month, will it actually be 30e a month. I'm currently getting 4mb bb from smart for a set fee of 30e, no hidden charges. Will this be the same for upc( i currently have digtal t.v with them too)
    Its 30 Euro no hidden charges although the price will be increased to 32 from January.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So currently I'm on the Ultra package if I want to drop down to the 10meg package, do they charge me for doing it? I think the price increase is the last straw for me as never seem to get close to the advertised speeds. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

I can't find anything on their website about contracts.

I want to get UPC in from September, but I'm a student, and will only be living in the house 'till May.

Do you have to get a 1 year contract, or does anyone know more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Anyone else think their upload is being throttled during the day? I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

Rapidshare is really slow too, only getting 500kb on a premium account.

LMFAO only 1MB every 2 seconds? Have some appreciation for getting speeds like that. Try and imagine what it was like at 56k, with a throughput of about 5kbps, taking about 1 hour to DL a 4mb mp3 file from Napster.

Man, Those were the days. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

Rapidshare is really slow too, only getting 500kb on a premium account.

LMFAO only 1MB every 2 seconds? Have some appreciation for getting speeds like that. Try and imagine what it was like at 56k, with a throughput of about 5kbps, taking about 1 hour to DL a 4mb mp3 file from Napster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

pah wrote: »

Before trying to take the mick out of others, learn the difference between bits and bytes.

500kb does not equal 500kB.

1mb does not equal 1mB.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

itchyblood wrote: »
    I can't find anything on their website about contracts.

I want to get UPC in from September, but I'm a student, and will only be living in the house 'till May.

Do you have to get a 1 year contract, or does anyone know more details?

Yes

http://www.upc.ie/termsandconditions/

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

new offer for students, damn layabouts on the web watching pron! ;)

http://www.upc.ie/broadband/student/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

new offer for students, damn layabouts on the web watching pron! ;)

http://www.upc.ie/broadband/student/

Hardly an offer! I'm paying 48/month for 20mb service as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Tell that to upc, dont shoot the messenger!
    It sounds ok, sign up for 12 months and 3 months free i.e. college year is 9 months ish, hey presto!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Anyone know what the fee is for downgrading from 20mb to 10mb? Been a customer for over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

DingDong wrote: »
    Its 30 Euro no hidden charges although the price will be increased to 32 from January.

Its actually 32eur a month and has been for some time now. Also if your only going to get broadband from them you've to pay a stand alone fee of 6 eur additional.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

el dude wrote: »
    Anyone know what the fee is for downgrading from 20mb to 10mb? Been a customer for over a year.
    It's a one-off fee of €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

hightower1 wrote: »
    Its actually 32eur a month and has been for some time now. Also if your only going to get broadband from them you've to pay a stand alone fee of 6 eur additional.
    Check the date I posted that Hightower, it was 30 a month back then but increased to 32 last January.

Advertisement