Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Take-away

• 28-06-2008 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

probably a bit late and quiet on here to expect many answers but for future anyway...

I'm chilling out tonight, gonna order an indian in.
    I try to get something different most times i get take-away or eat in an indian restaurant.
    My favourite is Chicken Tikka Masala. i dont like Spicy food and i like the Creamy kinda sauces...

Any recommendations? :cool:

Comments

Niamho! wrote: »
    probably a bit late and quiet on here to expect many answers but for future anyway...

I'm chilling out tonight, gonna order an indian in.
    I try to get something different most times i get take-away or eat in an indian restaurant.
    My favourite is Chicken Tikka Masala. i dont like Spicy food and i like the Creamy kinda sauces...

Any recommendations? :cool:

You could go for something Tandori style, like Chicken tikka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Try Balti Chicken, its not one of the creamy ones but it's not very spicy and it's delicious. Also try Sag Aloo on the side, its potatoes in spinach. Nyom.

God dammit I'm starving now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Korma and Peshwari naan :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Seekh kebab for starters,followed by a lamb or beef jal frezi with pilau rice and a mixed garlic and coriander nan.For dessert,Peshawari nan with a huge mug of chaii.Best meal EVER!!!!
    If you have some extra money in your poca,pour the jal frezi over a Biryani instead of pilau rice *DROOL*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Prob a bit late for you now - but the New Delhi Housewives choice from Bombay Pantry is fandabbydosey.
    Acutally ANYTHING from Bombay Pantry is top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

olaola wrote: »
    Acutally ANYTHING from Bombay Pantry is top notch.
    +1
    Butter chicken masala.
    And the tandoori BBQ special is great, the dearest one in the tandoori section but the best value. Comes with naan as standard so is not as dear as it may seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Bombay pantry...sound familiar...is it a restaurant or Brand?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's a chain of takeaways with several branches.

http://www.bombaypantry.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

They sell some of their sauces in the cold cabinets - in Morton's & some Super Valus I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

olaola wrote: »
    They sell some of their sauces in the cold cabinets - in Morton's & some Super Valus I think.
    Yes, a brilliant idea, my local offie has them, they also sell it cold from the takeaway too. Some would not see the point in that, but you should not be buying hot food and letting it cool slowly down only to heat up later, it is asking for bacteria/poisoning.

I expect they chill the food immediately after cooking.

On their site I see a few more places have opened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement