Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Thread Hierarchy

Options
  • 28-06-2008 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Currently in the Soccer Forum we have threads on teams, and talk of sub forums have been not a popular idea but is it possible to have links in the main forum that lead to a discussion group. I am finding it hard to make sense of this in a post but it would look like the following:

Current Structure:

Man United Super Thread 07/08
    Liverpool Super Thread 07/08
    Villa Super Thread
    Etc......

Proposed Structure withing the actual Soccer Forum(based on feasibility)

Man United Discussion Group <- Link which would open a hierarchial structure
    + United Thread
    + United Thread
    + United Thread

Liverpool Discussion Group

+ Pool Thread
    + Pool Thread
    + Pool Thread

so on and so forth.

Basically when the poster clicks the discussion group it would open a hierarchy of threads within each group.

I dont know if this actually possible, hoping to get some advice on this from the Site Admins team on this.

Anyways this is just an idea , all opinions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I wonder if we could prefix threads as in this forum.

Current Structure:

Villa Super Thread
    Etc......

Proposed Structure withing the actual Soccer Forum(Using Prefixing)

Man United Prefixes <- Using a search or drop down
    Manchester United Ronaldo Interview
    Manchester United Fergie Leaving
    Manchester United Transfer List

Liverpool Prefixes
    Liverpool Gerrard Unsettled
    Liverpool Hicks caught with prostitute
    Liverpool Injury news

so on and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Sherifu wrote: »
    I wonder if we could prefix threads as in this forum.

Current Structure:

Villa Super Thread
    Etc......

Proposed Structure withing the actual Soccer Forum(Using Prefixing)

Man United Prefixes <- Using a search or drop down
    Manchester United Ronaldo Interview
    Manchester United Fergie Leaving
    Manchester United Transfer List

Liverpool Prefixes
    Liverpool Gerrard Unsettled
    Liverpool Hicks caught with prostitute
    Liverpool Injury news

so on and so forth.
    That also sounds good too, its all about bringing a bit of change to the place, sounds good Sherifu.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Or you could use tags. Tag all united threads you see with "Manchester United" etc. Then to find all the Manchester united threads you just search for that tag. Only problem with this is someone might start tagging random threads with the same tag. Saying that situations like this is what I think tagging was designed for.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement