Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Stolen Earth - S4 E12

• 28-06-2008 8:02pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Holy cow, that was AWESOME.

Where to even begin? Was it over-stuffed with cameos and appearances? Hell yes, but when the action comes this thick and fast it almost scarcely matters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh... wow... they couldn't have kept something like that under wraps now could they? There's got to be a cop out somewhere.

ha... The episode was bit all over the place and a tad messy, but great fun nonetheless.

My favourite line:

"My Vision is not impaired"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh dear.

Your thread seems to have been created in the
    Medusa Cascade and is one second ahead.

A thread merge is in order...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I tried to watch but had to leave the scene of this accident. Has RTD heard of 'drawing breath'?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

excellent. absolutely excellent.

I can almost feel the weird connection with his hand being cut off and him not regenerating into a different form. It started in his right hand after all and there was a nice little gratuitous shot of it early in the episode.

I just hope whatever reason RTD comes up with doesn't sour the series end. He also better give himself enough time to come up with a solution rather than just a quick sci-f cop out.

Still...Cannot WAIT for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Fantastic,
    Breakneck speed.

Where to begin...
    Davros
    Project Indigo
    Oyster-Hagen Key?

Cannot wait for next week.
    Botched Regeneration into 2 Doctors anybody? using the doctors hand in the jar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yes; the return of Davros almost felt like an incidental aside against what was happening elsewhere. I suppose this is why the finale is 65 minutes long cos there's no way so many plot strands could be sewn up in 40odd minutes.

Will Torchwood survive?
    Will Sarah Jane & her dinky wee car not get exterminated?
    What is Davros REALLY up to?
    Will the Doctor really regenerate?

Oh and as an actual aside - who else was blown away by the SFX? They clearly pushed the boat out with this one as there were so many dramatic vistas, planets,space stations and big-money shots. Kudos to The Mill.

Oh and was it me or did Harriot Jones' slightly gratuitous inclusion signal a future plot strand? She mentioned that this "subwave" thing was an AI developed by the Mr. Copper foundation - a signpost perhaps?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh and what little we saw of Davros, his slimy malevolance was brilliantly portrayed by Julian Bleach. He really did the character proud.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Good Stuff:

Excellent Davros as pixelburp said. Really got the malevolence of Davros in there and the makeup looked fantastic. He seemed older, more worn, than the Davros we've met previously and that fitted in neatly with him cautioning the other Daleks on pride.

Thought Elisabeth Sladen was great in this - the look of fear as she saw Davros again, after all these years for example.

SFX were the best the show's ever produced - this is one episode that can easily stand alongside the US shows as a visual treat.

Shooting the eye stalk with the paint gun - nice nod to the old series. That and moving the earth.

The Bad Stuff:

Everyone on earth calling the Doctor - was that not lame enough last season's finale?!!

Too much going on - less can be more RTD! The Doctor was competely sidelined in order to shove everyone in and once more he was rendered inert in a finale until he got "the call". If he spends next week in a coma (instead of a cage), I'll be seriously pissed.

Rose was being a whiny little bitch, acting like a kid when she didn't get to call the Doctor first.

Harriet Jones (and how didn't they know who it was - I recognised her voice immediately!) as saviour? Where the hell did that plot come from? Seemed far too convenient, a way to write themselves out of the corner.

The Indifferent:

The Shadow Proclamation were a bit rubbish after all the mentions. Didn't really do much did they? Didn't even know of the Doctor, despite his legendary exploits.

Music as very odd in places, although I did like the more sinister pieces playing when they switched to Davros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

what an excellent episode I've been watching Dr who for a long time (since 1974) and this has to to be one of the best and soo many future possible stories(the shadow proclamation, timelocked time war, higher races thinking time lords a myth, Mr Cooper, of the fun could go on for years!)

I don't remember a timelord regenerating in the tardis before so that could be fun. I think he will regenerate as himself as if you watch carefully I think only part of his skeleton shows so maybe not a full death

I think poor Donna is a gonner

should be fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

A really enjoyable episode
    Probably the most names in an opening sequence ever too.
    I have my doubts as to whether The Doctor will go though. And wasn't John Simm supposed to be back?

amen wrote: »
    I don't remember a timelord regenerating in the tardis before so that could be fun.
    Ya don't? 5th->6th was in the TARDIS (I remember Colin Baker sitting up in the TARDIS) and I believe 1st->2nd and 6th->7th as well (2nd->3rd was offscreen and 4th->5th was at the bottom of the watch tower).
    I think poor Donna is a gonner
    Too heavily foreshadowed - so I reckon she won't be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭daithi_student

pixelburp wrote: »

Oh and was it me or did Harriot Jones' slightly gratuitous inclusion signal a future plot strand? She mentioned that this "subwave" thing was an AI developed by the Mr. Copper foundation - a signpost perhaps?

Yup that was a sign post but it was pointing backwards, Mr. Copper was the name of the character in the voyage of the damned who the doctor gave the super-credit card thingy to.

OK that episode was amazing! I bow to RTD! How sad was it when torchwood, sarah jane, martha and harriot jones were planning their next move and rose was left out in the cold to watch! anybody going to speculate on "project indigo" or the "oster-hagen key"?

Also i have read an interesting rumour, and i stress rumour! that
    the master was originally supposed to be behind the whole thing how after all could a dalek infiltrate the "time-locked" time war when time lords could not? but in a VERY last minute change of mind from RTD and to cut the ep form 75mins to 65 and has decided to keep the master for one of next years feature eps!

I personally hope this isn't true because to last minute cut mite take away form the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I did like the Daleks even getting in on the "we know who you are.." joke.

Pretty good stuff all in all. Yeah, it was over stuffed, but it still worked. Harriet Jones did seem a little convenient, but that's a minor thing.

As for the
    regeneration scene
    , I do wonder if they reused the whole "whole planet summons the doctor" will they try and resuse the wiping out of a year again.

Of course, the whole hand thing seems odd too that it appeared right in this episode. I did notice that when
    the Doctor got shot and "killed" by the daleks it seems to just light up his shoulder more than the rest of his body

I guess we'll see next week...

ixoy wrote: »
    The Good Stuff:

The Bad Stuff:

Everyone on earth calling the Doctor - was that not lame enough last season's finale?!!

Too much going on - less can be more RTD! The Doctor was competely sidelined in order to shove everyone in and once more he was rendered inert in a finale until he got "the call". If he spends next week in a coma (instead of a cage), I'll be seriously pissed.

Rose was being a whiny little bitch, acting like a kid when she didn't get to call the Doctor first.

Harriet Jones (and how didn't they know who it was - I recognised her voice immediately!) as saviour? Where the hell did that plot come from? Seemed far too convenient, a way to write themselves out of the corner.

It wasn't really everyone calling the doctor it was kinda torchwood/sarah jane using all the power at their disposal to send a message stong enough to escape the medusa cascade and reach him.

as for the Dooctor being left helpless until he got "the call" i thought this was a good point as it accentuated the intelligence of Davros.

Rose does love the doctor, was supposed to trapped in a parallel unviverse never to see him again and has obviously tried everything to return only to find she'd been forgotten! i think she deserves to be a little Whiney! lol

There could be more to the harriet jones thing it is a two-parter and we didnt act see her get exterminated! watch this space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

maybe just maybe the timewar is untimelocked and galifry and the timelords come back?

I was disappointed Sarah Jane didn't have K9 with her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Too heavily foreshadowed - so I reckon she won't be...

I think Donna will ascend to some other type of being. The whole - who are you? what will you be? and - I'm sorry for your loss................no that which will become. (Not exact quotes). So human Donna dies, but she has become something else.

And I'm showing my age here but I was disappointed that General Sanchez couldn't makepeace with the daleks. :D:o:o

It wasn't really everyone calling the doctor it was kinda torchwood/sarah jane using all the power at their disposal to send a message stong enough to escape the medusa cascade and reach him.
    I think they said something about billions of calls going out to him - regardless it was much the same concept as before. Admittedly it's not half as lame as it was last time around and makes a bit more sense now... just a bit too close to what's done before.
    as for the Dooctor being left helpless until he got "the call" i thought this was a good point as it accentuated the intelligence of Davros.
    Oh I know, but RTD often has a habit of sidelining the Doctor in favour of his companions and this was something he did last year horribly in the finale. I always like to see the Doctor take charge - it's called Doctor Who - and not be left wringing his hands. Now hopefully he'll take the lead next week and not let others do it.
    Rose does love the doctor, was supposed to trapped in a parallel unviverse never to see him again and has obviously tried everything to return only to find she'd been forgotten! i think she deserves to be a little Whiney! lol
    Still came across like a 16-year old. There's more important matters at stake than her appearing to be ignored. It didn't really annoy me as the Rose stuff sometimes does but it felt a little childish in some ways. Plus I'll blame her now for having the Doctor "killed" as he was running towards her and dropped his guard :)
    There could be more to the harriet jones thing it is a two-parter and we didnt act see her get exterminated! watch this space!
    Well hopefully there is more to it than we saw because it's a bit sloppy as it stands. I still reckon it's the last of Harriet Jones though - she's not necessarily important enough to see an on screen death for confirmation. Did like how she was unapologetic for her stance on aliens though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I don't remember a timelord regenerating in the tardis before so that could be fun.

As ixoy said and also 9th to 10th Doctor regenerated in the TARDIS as did the Master last year

As ixoy said and also 9th to 10th Doctor regenerated in the TARDIS as did the Master last year
    So to sum up, most regenerations took place in the TARDIS :D

• Advertisement

I think they said something about billions of calls going out to him - regardless it was much the same concept as before. Admittedly it's not half as lame as it was last time around and makes a bit more sense now... just a bit too close to what's done before.

Oh I know, but RTD often has a habit of sidelining the Doctor in favour of his companions and this was something he did last year horribly in the finale. I always like to see the Doctor take charge - it's called Doctor Who - and not be left wringing his hands. Now hopefully he'll take the lead next week and not let others do it.

Still came across like a 16-year old. There's more important matters at stake than her appearing to be ignored. It didn't really annoy me as the Rose stuff sometimes does but it felt a little childish in some ways. Plus I'll blame her now for having the Doctor "killed" as he was running towards her and dropped his guard :)

Well hopefully there is more to it than we saw because it's a bit sloppy as it stands. I still reckon it's the last of Harriet Jones though - she's not necessarily important enough to see an on screen death for confirmation. Did like how she was unapologetic for her stance on aliens though.

Ok agreed the call thing is similar-ish though at least put to much better use this time!

It is quite cool to see the doctors companions helping him out of a tight spot though! also better than last year because instead of just Martha going off and pretty much saving the world its loads of his assistants! Kinda highlights the qualities which made him choose tham as companions.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the Rose issue ixoy! I wont have a bad word said against her!:p

time will tell about harriet jones... lol

I agree with those above who say that Rose is acting like a 16 year old. I'm sure her little protestations at the screen when she wasn't involved in the conference call were meant to be funny, but it just smacked of the continuing portrayal of her character as a selfish, sarcastic little madam who thinks that she owns the Doctor & his feelings.

And as if to make things worse, her aforementioned selfishness got the Doctor exterminated (albeit in the shoulder - I think this could be the killer [no pun intended] point to note about the shot)! Oh sure, she has a big gun & saved Wilf's life, but other than that she did nothing but whine whine whine.

"I was there first" she says, with Sarah Jane Smith on the screen infront of her. The bloody cheek! To be honest, I think she is the companion who is going to get the chop. We know SJS is safe (Liz Sladen said as much & the character's too important), ditto Torchwood if their series 3 is to go ahead & methinks Donna's character will perhaps move to the alternate universe, thus qualifying herself as "dead". Rose however? Naw, I think she's a dead peroxide walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Harriet Jones though - ... Did like how she was unapologetic for her stance on aliens though.

She's just been proven correct too.

Did anyone else get a real Harry Potter vibe when they were mentioning the Doctor's army or whatever they called it?

I agree with those above who say that Rose is acting like a 16 year old. I'm sure her little protestations at the screen when she wasn't involved in the conference call were meant to be funny, but it just smacked of the continuing portrayal of her character as a selfish, sarcastic little madam who thinks that she owns the Doctor & his feelings.

And as if to make things worse, her aforementioned selfishness got the Doctor exterminated (albeit in the shoulder - I think this could be the killer [no pun intended] point to note about the shot)! Oh sure, she has a big gun & saved Wilf's life, but other than that she did nothing but whine whine whine.

"I was there first" she says, with Sarah Jane Smith on the screen infront of her. The bloody cheek! To be honest, I think she is the companion who is going to get the chop. We know SJS is safe (Liz Sladen said as much & the character's too important), ditto Torchwood if their series 3 is to go ahead & methinks Donna's character will perhaps move to the alternate universe, thus qualifying herself as "dead". Rose however? Naw, I think she's a dead peroxide walking.

Rose was only 19 when she met the doctor so now shes what 23? Calling her a "Selfish, Sarcastic, little Madame" is a bit OTT! A common aspect of roses personality is her selflessness! See Series 1- "bad wolf" and the aliens of london" and series 2-"doomsday"!

She is protective of the Doctor because she loves him but i've yet to evidence of her thinking she "owns him and his feelings"!

Also i was under the inpression that it was the Dalek that exterminated the doctor not Roses "selfishness"!?

Oh and She was talking about Martha when she said "i was there first" so really sarah jane had nothing to do with it!

And as for her doing nothing but moan i point you in the direction of last weeks "turn left" where she kinda saved the day...;)

+10000000

I've always found Rose to be self-obsessed. Her acts of "sacrifice" seemed attention-grabbing, making her out to be the centre of the universe, an amazing martyr we should always admire. It's a little bit like Lana in Smallville actually. The whole "bad wolf" exemplifies a lot of it, with the writing seeming to want to force down our throats how brilliant she is, without really giving us more than a "sassy" attitude and someone whose only motivating goal is what the Doctor thinks of her.

"I was there first" she says, with Sarah Jane Smith on the screen infront of her. The bloody cheek!
    QFT. Of course having watched much of the old series, I will not hear a bad word said about Sarah Jane, who is fantastic and the best companion the show's produced. Rose isn't worthy enough of changing Sarah Jane's type writer ribbon :)
    To be honest, I think she is the companion who is going to get the chop.
    Me too. I too reckon Donna's death is only the same as Rose's "death" - she'll be forced away from the Doctor. Perhaps she'll need to stay on the other side of the Medusa Cascade or something similar. Rose will be permanently gone in some sort of blinding moment, meant to forever imprint on us just how "amazing" she is...

Jeepers! Yer giving her no chance what-so-ever! When she stands back ye accuse her of doing nothing and when she saves the day shes a self-important martyr! Me thinks i sense some major passive-aggression towards the character cause shes the doctors favourite...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I have a funny feeling that daithi just might be a Rose fan.

Poor aul Dalek Cann, warbling away, he's seen into the vortex and he knows whats going to happen

SFX: Worthy of the big finale

Acting: Elizabeth Sladen and Catherine Tate shining through, Billie was too, and I think she is portraying her as a petulant teen. I don't think she likes Rose much and it showed tonight.

Davros: Perhaps the best one yet, but we'll have to see if there are any good long dialogues next week, not to mention a good old screaming finale as he's turned on/falls down a hole/blasts off in an escape pod/does emergency temporal shift/something

"We know who you are" as BuffyBot said, very funny line. Maybe she isnt dead and Davros says it to her next week. Again, good character who didn't turn in the end.

"To be continued", and no preview of next week

Basic tension and uncertainty: To give the man his due, he is excellent at setting the mood, setting up a wonderful premise and of staging an amazing cliffhanger (reminds me of George Lucas deliberately having the heroes backs to the wall at the end of the 5th reel in all his films)..... problem is....

Cons (not many, had to think about them)

.... he paints himself into corners.... I know its immature of me to have a con for a conclusion we haven't seen yet, but I am as much on tenderhooks hoping he dosn't feck it up as I am about the story itself.

Too many things going on, but repeats are a blessing

Too much of old things being re-used. Phoning the Doctor was too much a reminder of LOTTL. Daleks flying around shooting people, again.(end series 2) Regeneration (end series one) Martha beaming out of trouble to save the world (end series four).

The shadow proclamation, but I feel they'll turn up next week. Judoon v Daleks... nice.

UNIT. Unit have had no problem walloping Sontarans before, and we know they have more advanced weaponry than machine guns. Where were they?
    Regeneration. So much of this story has been leaked (davros, Daleks, Rose) that we would know if there is a new Doctor, so why bother, then again, the doctor turning into a garden gnome wasn't flagged last year.

Overall, it was doubleplusgood, I have my fingers crossed for next week.

Me thinks i sense some major passive-aggression towards the character cause shes the doctors favourite...:rolleyes:
    I don't see any reason for her to be the favourite ya see and I don't like the way the show fawns over her.

It's probably a generational thing as well. For those of us who grew up with a certain companion, they'll often be our favourite - for me that's Sarah Jane, for others it might be Ian and Barbara or Tegan. But never ever Mel.

Just to add, think it's Rose who'll be getting killed, SJ is back in her show, so are the Torchwood lads, and it'll add a lot of emotion for it to be for real.

Or Mickey/Rickey.

And the Doctors hand may save the day, or the fact they're in a time bubble, thus regenerating as himself (which isn't a regeneration at all)

Didnt the daughter regenerate as herself?

• Advertisement

Any opinion on
    how Donna still has something on her back???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

surprised they didn't throw the daughter in as well!

I have a funny feeling that daithi just might be a Rose fan.

Yeah shes probably my Favourite Companion Very closely followed my Donna then Martha/Sarah NOT Jack (if hes counted) but thats just cause John Barrowman Wrecks my head!

Lol What did this Mel ever do to anyone?

Any opinion on

Does she?! I must've missed that!? I was more drawn to the very loud heartbeat sound that was played during her close-up in the shadow proclimation???

yes, noticed that. Big Beetle shaped reset button anyone?

Does she?! I must've missed that!? I was more drawn to the very loud heartbeat sound that was played during her close-up in the shadow proclimation???
    One of the shadow proclamation says it to her when she's on the stairs
    That's what I'm thinking. It would be a real cop out, but nothing out of the ordinary for RTD after last years finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I thought she said you HAD something on your back, not have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm surprised at the gushing enthusiasm towards this episode. It was a bit all over the place, and very camp (intentionally?) in places.

I admire the energy though, and it was good fun. Hopefully they can bring it together cohesively next week.

As for the foreshadowing of Donna dying, didn't that happen last week?

iguana wrote: »

Ya thats what i thought she said too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the gushing enthusiasm towards this episode. It was a bit all over the place, and very camp (intentionally?) in places.

I admire the energy though, and it was good fun. Hopefully they can bring it together cohesively next week.

Would tend to agree with you there - the episode was really setting the stage - so although there was a lot going on - not all that much happened - but it was well paced and as you said a lot of fun.

I have to say that Davros was fantastic. He felt a lot more like the emperor in ROTJ - instead of the old "rants" - more calculating and self-assured - perhaps over confident - but that just adds to his menace.

Can't wait until next week!!!! :D

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well that was total sh*te.

I may get slated for saying so, but what a god damn mess of an episode, it encompasses everything I've come to loath about the new Doctor Who. Everything including the kitchen sink was thrown in, yet very little of significance was happening. RTD has absolutely no concept of pacing, he's rehashing plot devices, and tired jokes... The whole "Yes, we know who you are" bit might have an induced a smirk several seasons back, but now it's as annoying as piles.

I really, really cannot wait until this season is over and done with, and Stephen Moffat comes along to take the reigns. I don't think anyone here would disagree that he's crafted the best episodes by far, and really shows Davies' total and utter failings in comparison. The Stolen Earth in particular gives us nothing more than big flashy shows that amount to very little; the whole prolonged sequence of calling the Doctor, just so that he could get from point A to point B? That isn't groundwork, that's filler.

The entire episode had two things going for it. The first being the scene where they're discovering the missing planets, and Donna asks about the other planets that were missing, eg planets snatched out of time, that was rather interesting. The second being of course, Davros. Thank god he wasn't such a shadow of his former glory that The Master was, he was utterly menacing and bound to give kids nightmares, but we got to see very little of him. Much like the Doctor, he was sidelined so we could have this weak reunion show of sorts.

I'd like to see something more from Doctor Who, like we used to have. Remember the Genesis of the Daleks, which was a big six parter? I want to see some more substance, instead of these overinflated cameos.

• Advertisement

With all these missing planets, how come the Doctor never wondered whether or not Gallifrey was one of the lost planets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Any opinion on

Yep, I thought it may be a simple way of resolving things.
    Donna goes back and takes the hit instead of the doctor

Would explain why everyone keeps shutting up when donna kept asking "what about me?."
    iguana wrote: »
    True, but it depends in what context, as in last time i looked or as in i thought i saw something

Will just have to wait and see :)

Marksie wrote: »
    Yep, I thought it may be a simple way of resolving things.
    Donna goes back and takes the hit instead of the doctor

Would explain why everyone keeps shutting up when donna kept asking "what about me?."

If they do that, I'll gladly buy a flight over to the UK to firmly kick RTD in his fat behind - two resets in a row for a season finale would be pathetic beyond belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Did anyone else think about "the sound of drums" when
    donna was sitting on the stairs in the Shadow Proclamation and her heart started going a mile a minute

Did anyone else think about "the sound of drums" when
    donna was sitting on the stairs in the Shadow Proclamation and her heart started going a mile a minute
    Unfortunately yes. Maybe a warning cue that they were going to recycle the reset device plot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Ya don't? 5th->6th was in the TARDIS (I remember Colin Baker sitting up in the TARDIS) and I believe 1st->2nd and 6th->7th as well (2nd->3rd was offscreen and 4th->5th was at the bottom of the watch tower).
    QUOTE]

*incredulous*

And, em, hello? Nine > Ten? It was only a few years ago ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Trailer for the season finale has been uploaded onto youtube not giving much away but better than nowt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ql8q0cRdDg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

maybe just maybe the timewar is untimelocked and galifry and the timelords come back?

I was disappointed Sarah Jane didn't have K9 with her

Bear in mind there is another Time Lord-esque thing out there now - cf The Doctor's Daughter. That *has* to come back at some stage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CrazyShirley

Did anyone else think about "the sound of drums" when Spoiler: donna was sitting on the stairs in the Shadow Proclamation and her heart started going a mile a minute

I didn't think of it then, but if you listen closely, when Harriet begins her message, the beeping sounds a lot like the drums. Is the sub-wave all Mr Copper or did he have some Time Lord help? The Master may hate the Doctor, but from past episodes we know he prefers him alive rather than dead. Also, he's got to be slightly angry with the Daleks after their execution of him during the Dr Who Movie and the Time War. Or maybe it's all Mr Copper? Who knows?
    Well, we know the Doctor can't be regenerating into a new person. a) Because David Tennant has been photographed filming the Xmas special and b) there was no morphing happening a few seconds into the regeneration like normal. I agree the hand is probably going to have something to do with it, after that long shot at the beginning. Though, I must say that hand is starting to get overused as a plot device.
    Hopefully, the next episode will be slightly slower-paced than the first, as I was getting lost in the endless new pieces of information delivered at breakneck speed. Slow down RTD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I really hope David Tennant stays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement